A Zombie Survival Camp Exists In Canada

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
And It Will Train You To Survive The Apocalypse

No matter how many times we are told by so-called “experts” that a zombie epidemic will never happen, many of us still choose to believe otherwise. Such is the case in Canada, where the zombie fever is so high that there’s even a camp dedicated to the art of zombie survival.
Zombie Survival Camp is Canada’s #1 resource for zombie apocalypse preparedness. For around four years now, the camp has been travelling across the country to train Canadians in wilderness survival, self-defense, and self-reliance. As ridiculous as it may sound, it really does exist – in fact, the first thing you encounter on their website is a statement reading “Yes, this is a real camp.”

A Zombie Survival Camp Exists In Canada And It Will Train You To Survive The Apocalypse | Narcity Toronto

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
A Zombie Survival Camp Exists In Canada

...and if you collect enough money for the Liberal Party of Canada and wait your turn, Justin will appoint you to it.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
And It Will Train You To Survive The Apocalypse

No matter how many times we are told by so-called “experts” that a zombie epidemic will never happen, many of us still choose to believe otherwise. Such is the case in Canada, where the zombie fever is so high that there’s even a camp dedicated to the art of zombie survival.
Zombie Survival Camp is Canada’s #1 resource for zombie apocalypse preparedness. For around four years now, the camp has been travelling across the country to train Canadians in wilderness survival, self-defense, and self-reliance. As ridiculous as it may sound, it really does exist – in fact, the first thing you encounter on their website is a statement reading “Yes, this is a real camp.”

A Zombie Survival Camp Exists In Canada And It Will Train You To Survive The Apocalypse | Narcity Toronto

The whole point of the school is in the picture. There's no Zombies out there. Rural life surrouned by vegetables and high pwered rifles is all you need, the histories are quite clear about where to be when TSHTF, those who wait for the shelves before migration out of urbania tradirionaly litter the ditches for hundreds of miles outsidea town. They wait too long living on hope of change, instead of getting changed ahead of other chaanges.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The whole point of the school is in the picture. There's no Zombies out there. Rural life surrouned by vegetables and high pwered rifles is all you need, the histories are quite clear about where to be when TSHTF, those who wait for the shelves before migration out of urbania tradirionaly litter the ditches for hundreds of miles outsidea town. They wait too long living on hope of change, instead of getting changed ahead of other chaanges.

It's a healthy lifestyle option!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006

Sounds like a good read for a couple of evenings, I used to read a lot of novels, science fiction when I was young was my favourite. But societal collapse is well enough recorded and the actual diviations from the norm as well and all made matter of records by those very same survivors of whatever it the threat was.

There will be lots of mutants as well. Breakdown exposes them to the light and they multiply like flies.

See Rupert Sheldrake for telepaths, morphic fields and why dogs know there masters have left work and will be home soon.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
We have a cat that comes running before we even pick up the cat food tin from the pantry.

It is weird.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
I read the Chrysalids forty years ago. Great book.

One of my favourite post-apocalypse novels is A Canticle for Leibowitz.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Canticle_for_Leibowitz

It's also so possible.

There are so many great books none of us can ever read till the end of them. My father tried, I never knew him to be without at least one on going book, there was probably not one day in his adult life that he didn't get through a hundred pages but he became trapped in novels.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Which two? The Foundation seris was suggested today in a political article I remember enjoying it but little else maybe I'll get arround to a repeat because the articles said it was a good mirror of today. A condensed and compressed mental vaccine for troubled confusing times somewhat like today.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Which two? The Foundation seris was suggested today in a political article I remember enjoying it but little else maybe I'll get arround to a repeat because the articles said it was a good mirror of today. A condensed and compressed mental vaccine for troubled confusing times somewhat like today.
...the two mentioned above ...

Note the character of "The Mule" in the Foundation trilogy and his resemblance to the current POTUS ... or at least to the effect that the current POTUS wishes to have.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hornady also makes rounds called the "unprepared max" too
;)
Usually they are for hungery relatives, but the relatively unprepared will also nicely fill a sight picture.
possibly the freezer as well
:)