Whole milk

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
We became empty-nesters last month and, lo and behold, whole milk, or as we always called it years ago, homo, starts showing up in the fridge. Haven't had homo milk since I was a kid on the farm and got milk direct from the dairy farm next farm over. Yummy.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Always loved milk. Didn't get enough as a kid is maybe why. Now though, it doesn't agree with me especially ice cream. Guess I'll try the substitutes . sucks to get old.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I remember buying real whole milk from the farmer down the road. Straight from the cow. It was so creamy and awesome. Such a shame the govt outlawed such good stuff in favor of the watery pasteurized crap in the stores.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I remember buying real whole milk from the farmer down the road. Straight from the cow. It was so creamy and awesome. Such a shame the govt outlawed such good stuff in favor of the watery pasteurized crap in the stores.
Gubmint ruins most everything it touches.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I never liked cows milk except on cereal. I had a goat and enjoyed fresh from the udder goats milk with all the fat and enjoyed that. But only warm.

I sure miss it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That was uncalled for, T-bones.

Anyways, we get raw milk from a neighbour here. Yummy stuff. I find that storebought crap has less flavour and the flavour it does have tastes a bit off.

I agree that gov't sort of ruins good stuff. The commercial producers seem to de-nourish foods and then cram stuff back in. A lot of the time, it's the same nutrients that they took out in the first place. Then the gov't subsidizes these producers and the unnatural foods end up being cheaper than the unfûcked-with foods. It's a special brand of idiocy, as far as I am concerned.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Never had raw milk. Just whatever Mom bought at the store and was in the frig. The 2% I don't care for. I like the half & half in the coffee maybe that"s closer to the raw milk I don't know. In the city you take what is available.

Never had anything that wasn't bought from the store. Never cared for the 2% stuff though. I like half & half in the coffee. Maybe tha's closer to raw milk I don't know.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
hopefully they don't decide whole milk might be good for a body
the swat teams have enough to do with raw milk and yogurt producers

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Is that why you don't use roads, Waltard?
Roads are built by private companies that are hired by the gubmint. The gubmint imposes all the regs and statutes that encourage cost overruns and work not being done on time for most gubmint projects.

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
Homo and whole milk are not the same, I was brought up on whole milk ,sometimes it was still warm when I got it, De lish. I credit whole milk for the fact I'm virtually indestructible. That and lots of wild meat.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
Roads are built by private companies that are hired by the gubmint. The gubmint imposes all the regs and statutes that encourage cost overruns and work not being done on time for most gubmint projects.
I thought of the Programs in the thirties that were part of the new deal. The people involved who had jobs to put food on the table and a roof over their heads didn't mind that it was a government program.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I never liked cows milk except on cereal. I had a goat and enjoyed fresh from the udder goats milk with all the fat and enjoyed that. But only warm.

I sure miss it.

Did you put the goat on the table or lie under it to suckle?

I love my soy drink, rice drink, and coconut drink.

Yum yum.

Soy very bad

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Did you put the goat on the table or lie under it to suckle?

We had special milking stands for the goats. but we would just get a cup and the nearest milker and fill the glass. Goats are great creatures. They're affectionate and very tolerant when treated with respect.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
The way I heard it was that whole milk is milk that has not been skimmed of any cream. Raw milk is right out of the critter. Homo has been messed with by dairies. And you can also get 2%, 1%, skimmed, etc. in either raw form or homo.
I tried that soy stuff. Once is enough.
Goat milk and cheese and whatever is yummy.