Canadians don’t know their country as well as they think

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Meh, I got 8 out of 9 but mostly I guessed as these aren't the kind of numbers I'd have solidly running through my head, I just picked the ones I thought were most reasonable based on the question. I can though where if people rely solely on headlines and don't bother going any deeper than the twitterverse news reporting, their perceptions would be very off.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Not the kind of facts the average person would have on their fingertips for sure. Perhaps we could make a board game that would up everyone's knowledge. Or can anyone under 50 play a game without a computer anymore?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Meh, I got 8 out of 9 but mostly I guessed as these aren't the kind of numbers I'd have solidly running through my head, I just picked the ones I thought were most reasonable based on the question. I can though where if people rely solely on headlines and don't bother going any deeper than the twitterverse news reporting, their perceptions would be very off.

You beat me, I managed 6.

Not the kind of facts the average person would have on their fingertips for sure. Perhaps we could make a board game that would up everyone's knowledge. Or can anyone under 50 play a game without a computer anymore?

It's getting sickening. According to news last night people's posture due to texting is becoming threatening to health. W.T.F. actually has a valid reason to send more than a couple of texts a day? I'd say reducing the texts makes a lot more sense than changing the posture. Crazy world we live in!:)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You beat me, I managed 6.

It's getting sickening. According to news last night people's posture due to texting is becoming threatening to health. W.T.F. actually has a valid reason to send more than a couple of texts a day? I'd say reducing the texts makes a lot more sense than changing the posture. Crazy world we live in!:)

Depends. We often use text for work, especially if there are numbers involved. Saves confusion.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I got 7 out of 9 and was pleasantly surprised with how well our country is doing as a whole

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Not the kind of facts the average person would have on their fingertips for sure.

No, they aren't but I think the real quiz/test was about perceptions.

Perhaps we could make a board game that would up everyone's knowledge. Or can anyone under 50 play a game without a computer anymore?

I love board games, particularly trivia games.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I text a lot with certain people...saves a ton of time and keeps people in my life up to date on events and issues and feelings as they occur.

my text might be as short as two words

I also have my work email sent to my phone and usually will respond to any inquires from principals that I am working with in under an hour...it can save a world of time later, no decisions are made without knowing what was done prior

also with my BlackBerry we can go into instant chat immediately if required.

I couldn't live without my Smartphone and/or texting.

Depends. We often use text for work, especially if there are numbers involved. Saves confusion.
and a ton of time

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I text a lot with certain people...saves a ton of time and keeps people in my life up to date on events and issues and feelings as they occur.

I also have my work email sent to my phone and usually will respond to any inquires from principals that I am working with in under an hour...it can save a world of time later, no decisions are made without knowing what was done prior

also with my BlackBerry we can go into instant chat immediately if required.

I couldn't live without my Smartphone and/or texting.

and a ton of time

Maybe it's easier to text on these newfangled cell phones. Mine's about a 2007 model - very cheapest Samsung and slower than the 2nd coming.

I can see that, I know mine might be................................."F**k off"

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe it's easier to text on these newfangled cell phones. Mine's about a 2007 model - very cheapest Samsung and slower than the 2nd coming.

I can see that, I know mine might be................................."F**k off"

lmao :violent1:

I was thinking more along the lines of...."almost there"

"night, night"

"TTYS"

"doing well"

"miss you"

"phone later"

"love you"

"thanks tons"

in fact until last year I had never had a text fight and thought the concept ridiculous...now I have found they are beneficial...you literally have to think before you speak

:tongue2: