Canada Fakes Space Photo

grainfedpraiboy

Electoral Member
Mar 15, 2009
Alberta The Last Best West
How is this acting like North Korea?

Ummm.....because North Korea is sorta well known for bad photoshopping of propaganda photos....maybe?

More at: North Korean Propaganda | My Korean Boyfriend

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm proud that a British magazine had pointed this out. I have noticed that Canadians do tend to exaggerate their country's place in the world and to over-elevate their country's stature in world affairs. You only have to start talking about WWII on here and it isn't long before a group of numpties try to convince me (but fail hugely to do so) that Canadians were at the forefront of every major battle of the conflict.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Canada blatantly Photoshopped U.S. photos in order to slap a non-existent Canadian logo on the International Space Station, a blog post by the Economist revealed Friday..................

How Canada faked its place in space (Photo) - News of the World

Jeeze I hate it when we get caught acting like North Korea.

meh, who cares, it's our arm...we made it.

I'm proud that a British magazine had pointed this out.

lmao...I'm sure you are.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I'm proud that a British magazine had pointed this out. I have noticed that Canadians do tend to exaggerate their country's place in the world and to over-elevate their country's stature in world affairs. You only have to start talking about WWII on here and it isn't long before a group of numpties try to convince me (but fail hugely to do so) that Canadians were at the forefront of every major battle of the conflict.

Nobody's trying to convince you of anything numbnuts. They are mocking you and your ridiculously over inflated sense of self-importance. You do get that you're little more than a joke to us, right?

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
meh, who cares, it's our arm...we made it.

It's actually the International Space Station's arm.

lmao...I'm sure you are.
I am.

They are mocking you and your ridiculously over inflated sense of self-importance.

Since posting on this forum over the last ten years or so I've gradually learned that it's actually Canadians who have an over inflated sense of them and their country's importance in the world and that doctoring of that photo is further proof of that.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Since posting on this forum over the last ten years or so I've gradually learned that it's actually Canadians who have an over inflated sense of them and their country's importance in the world and that doctoring of that photo is further proof of that.

So then you don't get it. That's what I thought.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Speaking of people from countries who over-exaggerate their importance in the world. Your Empire is DEAD. Deal with it.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's still the Canadarm, logo or not. Beats any contribution the Brits have made to space exploration.

Sons of Liberty

Walks on Water
Aug 24, 2010
Evil Empire
Interesting, with the exception of GFPB nobody else seems disturbed by the pompous display of narcissism by the Canadian government on behalf of Canadians. And honestly I don't get it, Canadian inventions, innovations and actions speak for themselves.