10 things Canada does better than anywhere else - CNN.com

25 Reasons Why Canada Rocks (PHOTOS)

19 Totally Canadian Things That No Other Country Will Ever Have

Top 10 Things to Do in Canada’s National Parks -- National Geographic

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/the-30-best-things-to-come-from-canada

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Canada rocks cause I'm in it. Case and point. Nuff said.

You can lock the thread it's done :)

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Canada Day to All

I Love living here!!!!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
It's true. It isn't manners....it's our way of quietly saying "Haul a*ss, ya bastards! Ha ha ha ha ha!"
LOL... yeah we politely hold the door and look back...hurry the fuk up would ya?

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Instead of Dominion Day, for our royalist brothers (During the census, they queue up in the Express Line to be counted) and Jehovah Witnesses (Fewer than 144 000 I hear), let's change the name of this holiday to Kingdom Day (Apologies to the LA hockey team).

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Instead of Dominion Day, for our royalist brothers (During the census, they queue up in the Express Line to be counted) and Jehovah Witnesses (Fewer than 144 000 I hear), let's change the name of this holiday to Kingdom Day (Apologies to the LA hockey team).
What's royalist about Dominion Day?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Well, I can think of only one fault to Canada's otherwise really good character:

Don Cherry overlooked for Order of Canada again

Don Cherry overlooked for Order of Canada again

Don Cherry doesn’t need the Order of Canada to validate his importance to Canada — or his love of the country, either. And that’s a good thing because it doesn’t look like he will ever receive one.
Most involved in the behind-the-scenes, decade-long movement to try to ensure Cherry joins this exclusive club were counting on this being the year he would finally get his due.
Grapes turned 80 in March and Hockey Night in Canada is no longer a CBC entity. Cherry is coming out of an incredible era of national pain where he more than anybody else helped a country grieve and cope with far too many losses in Afghanistan — and among our police and emergency services people, too.
There is still nobody better when it comes to talking hockey which is why Coach’s Corner is one of the most watched shows in TV history.
It just seemed like such a no brainer to finally give in and award the honour to the most deserving Canadian out there.
What a gesture it would have been to have this news come out for Canada Day!

-------------

Please take that survey below the article and vote YES! :)