Best Canadian Ad

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
during the Vancouver 2010 Olympics, there was a commercial about a hot chick who was being helped by a guy in regards to her cellphone. he saved his phone number on her cellphone. the commercial was ok, but the chick was hot. :)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Saw that commercial many times during the games and each time I got a kick out of it. 'gotta a hammer??' LOL! Rona does more than one thing well.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I like the Rona ad, but I shop at Lowes..

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Cool add but I am not going 30 miles out of my way just to go to a lumberyard. Windsor Plywood is much closer and usually cheaper.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
...and a few years later they will be outta business.. Lowes was trying to be kind letting them save face now. before they go tits up.... lol

Never shopped at Rona, only at Home Depot or Lowes.

Is that because you'd rather support American retailers?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
...and a few years later they will be outta business.. Lowes was trying to be kind letting them save face now. before they go tits up.... lol

Never shopped at Rona, only at Home Depot or Lowes.

Home Depot has pretty well seen the last of my business. They are NOT concerned about the service to the customer, just profits ANY way they can get it. Service might not be quite as good at Rona, but I'll struggle along there before I'll go back to H.D. Probably a better alternative than either of them is Home Building Supplies.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
We only have a Home Hardware/Building Center (father-in-law works there so I borrow his discount lol) and a Irlybird near here. I avoided Rona and Home when we were in Kelowna. Don't like big chain stores much. They're rich enough.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
We only have a Home Hardware/Building Center (father-in-law works there so I borrow his discount lol) and a Irlybird near here. I avoided Rona and Home when we were in Kelowna. Don't like big chain stores much. They're rich enough.

I agree, but there are exceptions..............Fisher's Home Hardware in Vernon, small store right downtown, it's a family business under the Home "umbrella", I think, excellent service, good price and the store has virtually everything, what you don't see in the store, someone will bring it up out of the basement! One of the employees/owners is an old codger who appears to be well into his 80s.