Anyone here watching Artic Air??

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

ARCTIC AIR is a character driven, one hour dramatic adventure series about a group of renegade pilots who fly small bush planes and huge WWII propplanes on daily missions in the North. It's a world of wild extremes and contrasts unlike anywhere else. ARCTIC AIR has the thrill of adventure pulsing through it. It is about community and family. The series focuses on who we are and how we live - refracted through the unique dramatic prism of the Canadian North.

ARCTIC AIR begins with an airline and the people who work for it, with their stories growing to include their families and the community of Yellowknife. In addition to the lead characters, each year a fresh crop of new recruits will arrive in Yellowknife, drawn from everywhere around the world. Almost none of these new recruits have any real notion of what they are getting themselves into, and more than a few get right back on the next plane south. Those who stick around discover that the effort required to stay in Yellowknife will be nearly super-human. But the ones who last - they're in it for the adventure of a lifetime.

ARCTIC AIR premieres on CBC Television this winter and is produced by OMNI Film in development with CBC.

source: CBC Revenue Group - CBC - Arctic Air

What do you think of the TV series so far, and the fella from Law and Order.. :canada:

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
From the American point of view the show sucks! From the Canadian point of view the show is great like North of 60 great. The aboriginals keep up their stereotype well. I have met a lot of aboriginals in my lifetime and they are normal people that have issues like everyone else. I am surprised that Adam Beach an aboriginal himself who ran for chief would support these types of scripts.

Arctic Air on CBC has a lot of room to develop and should be around as long as the another Canadian staple The Beachcombers that is if the actors don’t jump ship because they feel that their artistic creativity is being restricted.