Hello from Dodsland Saskatchewan!

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Hey folks,this is day 9 pipelining here in Sask. and it's awesome,above zero temps here by noon every day and no snow! We have a 21 day on and 6 off shift so perfect!
I'm doing final reclamation at the back line of the pipeline useing whatever it takes,grader mostly but also hoe and dozer,I found out the dirt inspector is an old friend of mine from 10 years ago,this is good!
I can not believe how aggressive the oil companies are here,just like Alberta ten years ago,you cant get a hotel room from here to Estevan without a reservation,it's crazy crazy.
Nothing but drilling rigs and pipelines everywhere,we even put pipe to a lease before it is even drilled,thats how big a field they are sucking dry or trying to.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Well remember to wear a personal flotation device if wandering out on the muskeg. You know that place was named after a car and a sign in the dirty '30's right? Lined up there day and night they were, trying to get away, never did hear what from. Just sayin ....... sleep tight.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Well remember to wear a personal flotation device if wandering out on the muskeg. You know that place was named after a car and a sign in the dirty '30's right? Lined up there day and night they were, trying to get away, never did hear what from. Just sayin ....... sleep tight.
No muskeg here,just lots of clay.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The PM should'a had some "?" in it...as in, does the #51
still have no shoulders (?) with grass growing over the
road in the summer (?) & a freakishly large deer
population (?) that like to hang around on & by
the roads?

If you painted the deer "Safety Orange" you could have
used them as mobile pylons in that area about 15 years
ago.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Better for combines than some poor crazy bastard on a motorcycle
going down the #51 at night with eyes shining all over the place,
with no shoulders on the roads & the grass overhanging the
(lack of) shoulders on roads.....but that's a different story,
I guess.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Teach you to do magic mushrooms beside a flax crop in bloom on a windy day. Ah-hoy me hearties.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Teach you to do magic mushrooms beside a flax crop in bloom on a windy day. Ah-hoy me hearties.

Might'a been better off.....instead of traveling that road at night in
the summer in a fog (the weather kind, not the mental kind). Was
try'n to get to Red Deer for morning after working all day in P.A.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Cleaning tracks was always a good way to tell what size dozer you were on. two hours for an 8k in wet gumbo, about 8oz for each swing of the shovel. The hi-drives are kinder in that respect. You will be happy for the AC and the glass in summer.

For who, combine pilots?
At suncor I was running the new 375A komatsu in about 6 feet of tailing ponds waste mixed with poly flocculent,it took 6 guys an hour to clean them everyday.

Here you get a swamper,he does all the dirty work.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
They cant drill the wells fast enough,we have pipe ready to tie in allready and they havent even finished the well yet,theres also 2 more rigs right behind this.There has been over 135 wells drilled in the Kindersley area this year allready. I have no idea what the keystone sign was about,maybe a hoax or something.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I love this thread. As I mentioned in another thread, why don't the London Cat ex-employees head west; lots of jobs are going wanting. Good on you, SK.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You never knew what was happening here? It has been going like this in SK for quite sometime now.

My buddys been telling me for 3 years to come pipelining with him here,it reminds me of central Alberta about 8 years ago when they were drilling the hell out of the coalbed methane fields.This is more intense,they drill 2 oil wells per lease,then move 500 meters and drill 2 more,and on an on they go in straight lines.This is also the first time in a few years the government have given the ok to drill on this crown pasture land.There are very strict environmental guidelines to follow.

We pay $1600.00 a month for rent between 3 of us,the cheapest hotel rooms in Kindersley are $100.00 a night so this worked out good.
When I joined the crew it was surprising to see a couple old buddys I pipelined with before years ago working here and my QC inspector is also an old workmate from years ago when he was just a beadhand,small world.

Things are expensive though,a take out 6 pack from the pub is allmost $20.00.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Sometimes I really miss Alberta, the sunshine and I sometimes miss the rednecks and they're strange philosophies of life

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You could be pipelining here for the rest of your life. The oil in SK runs from the AB border all the way to the US border clipping the north western corner of MB. Not to mention there are nearly 20 potash mines coming or being expanded over the next 2 decades each needing over a billion litres of water a day and millions of cubic meters of SK nat gas as well.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Saskatchewan is a good example of having the right government in power can do to create opportunities. The NDP produced a negative growth province for years and when the NDP was thrown out of power in a short time the province was turned around and is starting to grow again.

Saskatchewan is viewed as the new Klondike in modern times

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
A chicken in every pot and a flare stack in every back yard.
There is a lot of talk on the radio about the potash industry also and water is a big concern.They can have ours in Dodsland,it tastes like crap and I'll be packing back 25 gallons of fresh roucky mountain water from home when I go back next week.
Some of the back roads are busy as city streets with oil patch stuff going on.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Saskatchewan is a good example of having the right government in power can do to create opportunities. The NDP produced a negative growth province for years and when the NDP was thrown out of power in a short time the province was turned around and is starting to grow again.

Saskatchewan is viewed as the new Klondike in modern times
Malarky! NDP started this all and it was passed on SK Party.