CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
They'll be in trouble, if they don't get a tag on that bad boy, before the MNR catches them.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Did you get anything yet?
Nope. Passed on a couple Does and a young 4 point early in the season. But we're coming into the rut now. The first shooter Buck gets the prize. Then I'll go silent and wait for shooter Does.

SCB and Kooter are in one of my stands right now. She takes morning watch, I take afternoon. Kooter just follows along when he feels up to it, lol.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'll be heading out in an hour. I've got my first one which was easy but still trying to get the old fart. He is a smart one. He comes out of the park to eat and heads straight back in. It snowed last night so hopefully it will take a little longer for the buck I've been keeping an eye on to get a full belly and go back into the bush to bed down for the day.

http://plainsexplorer.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/late-july-0491.jpg (His willows in the park 15mins E of the city)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't need luck. I need patience. There is still 24 days left.
LOL. Ya, patience is a necessity.

Just 24?

I have until the end of December. One way or another, we fill the freezer. With 4 buck tags and 4 Doe tags, we always manage to run out year, before we run out of Deer.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Whitetails. We have approx 20 Deer per square km. in York Region.

That doesn't sound bad if you're looking at a map. But urban sprawl is pushing them into densely populated woodlots.

With the threat of Crones looming, we're trying to bring their numbers down.

Not to mention, there's 4 licensed hunters in the household. We all draw a Doe tag, and we all buy a Buck tag. We only keep about two Deer in the freezer, the rest we share with friends that don't hunt, and a few retirees that can't hunt anymore.