happy canada day

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
happy canada day

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I was waiting for someone to start this thread ... couldn't quite figure out the right graphic to start one myself.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
I was born here, but I grew up in a primarily European household ... I'm not sure what Canada Day means to me. In fact, I'm basically ignorant of Canadian history. I normally paid attention in class (except maybe boring Social Studies), but I somehow missed the importance of Canada Day. For me, and others who live in another country, could you give me a refresher ... not liking to admit complete ignorance, but I hear it's one way to become informed.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Can't let this one slip down the page ... what sort of graphic goes with Canada Day?

Flashing red letters, rotating leaves, slogans of Happy Birthday? Fireworks, candles and a celebration with family? Does July 1 have anything to do with war victories or confederation?

July 1 was my grandfather's birthday, and that over-shadowed everything.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
July 1st, 1867 was the day that Conferation took effect and the Dominion of Canada was created.

Happy Canada Day, everyone.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
A passing glance at the OP title and I thought I saw Hippy Canada Day. Then my eyes came into focus and reality set in.

Any way, I like the former, so: HIPPY CANADA DAY!

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
Hey Canucknuckleheads,

I really think you guys and gals are great. You live in a wonderful country. Cherish it. God Bless Canada. Big Sloppy Kiss for the gals, and a big hug for the guys.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Hey Canucknuckleheads,

I really think you guys and gals are great. You live in a wonderful country. Cherish it. God Bless Canada. Big Sloppy Kiss for the gals, and a big hug for the guys.

And a Happy Independence Day for you, friends!

BaalsTears, please stop being so pessimistic. November 6th, 2012 is a mere 16 months away.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Can't let this one slip down the page ... what sort of graphic goes with Canada Day?

Flashing red letters, rotating leaves, slogans of Happy Birthday? Fireworks, candles and a celebration with family? Does July 1 have anything to do with war victories or confederation?

July 1 was my grandfather's birthday, and that over-shadowed everything.

Mostly fireworks fueled with alcohol.LOL