Threads are now "Live" with Ajax

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I've made some slight changes to the way threads are displayed. From now on, active threads (the ones that have been active within the past hour) are now live! That means that new replies will automatically appear after the last post on the page without refreshing the page.

You can compare it with the live recent threads on the main forum page.

I haven't tested this with older versions of IE.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
re: Threads are now "Live" with Ajax

Andem, could you make another change: When clicking on a thread, could you take us to the most recent post/last page? Or at least repeat the line, now appearing on the bottom of each page indicating page numbers "1 2 3 Last" on top of the first page. It would also help, if the line containing "Home" were repeated on the bottom of each page.

You know, when you reach my age every second counts.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Perfect 47 open browser windows now and no manual refresh. Any way to set this site up under your personal settings for 'alerts'?

Send Free Text Messages - Email to SMS Gateway | FreeTxt.ca

Andem, could you make another change: When clicking on a thread, could you take us to the most recent post/last page? Or at least repeat the line, now appearing on the bottom of each page indicating page numbers "1 2 3 Last" on top of the first page. It would also help, if the line containing "Home" were repeated on the bottom of each page.

Some sites have that on the 'home page' that lists the main threads.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka

Eh, that has always existed. The star beside the topic title brings you to the newest unread post and the link at the far right with the arrows takes you to the last post.