Deleting a moved post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.

How does one delete a post moved into a thread I do not wish to be part of?

The now post, which had been a new thread, is now in the thread: Another Tamil ship on its way to our shores.

It's heading: Author Goran Simic watches the news of the migrants and recalls his own struggle to call Canada home.

It contains a small quote from the news article in The Globe & Mail with a link to the article.

The new thread I had started with this as the OP was: Lessons from Sarajevo for Tamil refugees

It has nothing to do with the debate about what to do about the alleged Tamil ship or ships supposedly headed for Canada and, IMHO, has been inappropriately placed.

I have no idea why it was moved and to where, but I don't want it there. As it has been deemed not appropriate for a thread of its own for whatever reasons which I am not questioning, that's up to those who run this forum, IMO it should have just been deleted.

So... How do I delete what has been changed into a post - there is no 'edit' button available?

TIA

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
hey BCool.... I'm on and checking posts and stuff right now, but I will admit my dog tired brain is not up to untangling what all is and isn't covered in the Tamil thread, and how your post links in.... I don't know who you sent a PM to, but, chances are they're not 'on shift' right now either. If you don't mind, I'll take a closer look in the morning, k?

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
It's merely a case of deleting a post. I didn't write it with the intent of posting it there, so simply deleting it would be the best solution under the circ's, no? If it had an 'edit' button available I would have taken care of it myself.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Eloquent as always. And your exclamation means what exactly? You have such a courteous way of expressing your opinions.....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Eloquent as always. And your exclamation means what exactly?
I was just amazed at the hissy fit that was thrown, over where your thread on the topic of Tamils ended up. Which in my opinion, was the appropriate place.

I can just picture the distress it caused you...

You have such a courteous way of expressing your opinions.....
I'm not sure how "Wow" plays into your idea of courteous, but I imagine anything I say, upsets you. Hence why you refuse to answer direct questions, when I pose them to you.

I'm absolutely sure this smilie represents your present feelings quite well. At least your honest about that.

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
I was just amazed at the hissy fit that was thrown, over where your thread on the topic of Tamils ended up. Which in my opinion, was the appropriate place.

If that was your opinion then that adds even further weight to my objections to its inappropriate placement.
I am amazed at your amazement. :sleepy4:

I can just picture the distress it caused you... (Video URL deleted)
Relished the idea of it causing me distress you mean.

Sorry to disappoint you. All it caused was disdain for the lack of even the courtesy of advising me that the thread was being trashed and why.
And don't go to all that bother of uploading videos for me, with a mind like yours I definitely would not watch anything you found entertaining.

I'm not sure how "Wow" plays into your idea of courteous,
merely an adynaton observation.

but I imagine anything I say, upsets you.
It's what you crave, all who read your nonsensical attempts at bullying and harrassing recognize your
behaviour for what it is: a common Usenet and forum phenomena, and pop you into Ignore mode within hours of their arrival as newbies, as I did.

I wonder how many hundreds of those who view this forum as guests & wish to
subscribe turn away and search for a better place where you & your ilk aren't
permitted to harrass using their blustering false IT persona's. Don't bother,
hypothetical....

Hence why you refuse to answer direct questions, when I pose them to you.
You never asked me a reasonably, courteously phrased question, or
any question, before I decided you were beyond the pale and put you into Ignore
mode.

I'm absolutely sure this smilie represents your present feelings quite well. At least your honest about that.
Now that's such a woosy, pathetic attempt. Besides, what would you know about honesty. That's hypothetical too, the answer is patently obvious.

Your IT persona is slipping:

(c) copyright Blender Foundation | Big Buck Bunny

Reactions: Cannuck

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
If that was your opinion then that adds even further weight to my objections to its inappropriate placement.
Of course it would.
I am amazed at your amazement. :sleepy4:
Of course you are, hissy fits are likely common in your world.
Relished the idea of it causing me distress you mean.
Sorry to disappoint you. All it caused was disdain for the lack of even the courtesy of advising me that the thread was being trashed and why.
The fact that you don't understand the correlation between disdain and distress, makes this even funnier.
And don't go to all that bother of uploading videos for me, with a mind like yours I definitely would not watch anything you found entertaining.
Undoubtedly true.
merely an adynaton observation.
Ya, I can see how your observations would be considered extreme hyperbole.
It's what you crave, all who read your nonsensical attempts at bullying and harrassing recognize your
behaviour for what it is: a common Usenet and forum phenomena, and pop you into Ignore mode within hours of their arrival as newbies, as I did.
Yes, I can see I'm on your iggy list, at least when the hard questions come out.
I wonder how many hundreds of those who view this forum as guests & wish to
subscribe turn away and search for a better place where you & your ilk aren't
permitted to harrass using their blustering false IT persona's. Don't bother,
hypothetical....
You mean don't don't bother, lest yours gets questioned Bcowl. How's the Timmies this morning?
You never asked me a reasonably, courteously phrased question, or
any question, before I decided you were beyond the pale and put you into Ignore
mode.
Yes, I see that.
Now that's such a woosy, pathetic attempt.
Yes, that is exactly what that was, a woosy attempt.
Besides, what would you know about honesty. That's hypothetical too, the answer is patently obvious.
It sure is, you have nothing, so the best way to attack, is on a level, where to squash you, I would have to endanger my privacy.

Go figure.

Thankfully I've met people off the net, from this forum and others, in real life, I have had long phone conversations with a couple of others. The funny the thing is, the common comment is, you're just the same in real life as you are on the net. But if it makes you feel better about your facade, feel free to run with it. You'll only embarrass yourself.

Your IT persona is slipping:
Yours was seen though almost instantly.

I eagerly await your next lame attempt at shutting me.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How does one delete a post moved into a thread I do not wish to be part of?

The now post, which had been a new thread, is now in the thread: Another Tamil ship on its way to our shores.

It's heading: Author Goran Simic watches the news of the migrants and recalls his own struggle to call Canada home.

It contains a small quote from the news article in The Globe & Mail with a link to the article.

The new thread I had started with this as the OP was: Lessons from Sarajevo for Tamil refugees

It has nothing to do with the debate about what to do about the alleged Tamil ship or ships supposedly headed for Canada and, IMHO, has been inappropriately placed.

I have no idea why it was moved and to where, but I don't want it there. As it has been deemed not appropriate for a thread of its own for whatever reasons which I am not questioning, that's up to those who run this forum, IMO it should have just been deleted.

So... How do I delete what has been changed into a post - there is no 'edit' button available?

TIA

Does this fall under the heading of "making a mountain out of a molehill"? ;-);-)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Does this fall under the heading of "making a mountain out of a molehill"? ;-);-)
Hence my "Wow". Which of course was another "Mountain out of a molehill" in the making apparently. Who knew?

Good to see I'm not the only one that saw that.

Last edited:

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
~~~snipping the usual ~~~
The fact that you don't understand the correlation between disdain and distress, makes this even funnier. ~~~ snippety snip ~~~

The fact that you just made it publicly obvious that you don't would be amusing, but this is all so predictably tedious. :roll:

Back into the Ignore bucket with you.... PLOP!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

The fact that you just made it publicly obvious that you don't would be amusing, but this is all so predictably tedious. :roll:
Yes I would imagine having your ass handed back to you would become tedious.

How do you think I feel, having to hand it to you all the time?

Back into the Ignore bucket with you.... PLOP!
Yes, back into hiding. Good call after allowing me to thoroughly embarrass you, so terribly.

Thanx for coming out though. I now look forward to many flame bait ridden troll posts from the safety of your "Happy place". Bookmark this post, so when you see me mention this prediction in the future, you won't have to look so hard.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

No it doesn't. Deleting portions of posts, entire posts or moving posts can alter perceptions and apparent meanings. It has been done to me and is one of the reasons that I don't come here much anymore.

I'm not complaining. The mods can do whatever they like and we as posters can like it or lump it. Obviously, Bcool cares about it which is his/her prerogative.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No it doesn't. Deleting portions of posts, entire posts or moving posts can alter perceptions and apparent meanings. It has been done to me and is one of the reasons that I don't come here much anymore.

I'm not complaining. The mods can do whatever they like and we as posters can like it or lump it. Obviously, Bcool cares about it which is his/her prerogative.
Just a question, do you fancy constantly filling the forum with threads on the same subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.