Image files?

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Hope I'm in the correct forum? If not, please move this to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Ok, I've tried linking to the image file on an image storeage site - won't work. Copy & pasting it into a post does not appear to be possible, not surprisingly. Done a 'Search' using every combination of words I could think of, just gets me to other people's uploaded image files. I did try to find out before posting, honest !:dontknow:

I would really like to just upload it from my computer, but I gather that's not possible.

So how does one insert an image file into a post, please? Many thanks!

Sorry, sorry! I just found it. Just IMVHO, it is difficult to spot. And when its only available when in reply mode. Anyway, problem solved!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
There have been some issues with the attachment system and I haven't been able to exactly pinpoint where the issue lay.

That being said, smaller images seem to upload fine while weird formats or larger ones don't.

So when you add a new post or reply in full reply mode, you can add attachments.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
There have been some issues with the attachment system and I haven't been able to exactly pinpoint where the issue lay.

That being said, smaller images seem to upload fine while weird formats or larger ones don't.

So when you add a new post or reply in full reply mode, you can add attachments.

Test ... seems to work. The image is approx 600 x 600.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

734x734 pixels using Tinypic as the host site.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hope I'm in the correct forum? If not, please move this to the appropriate forum, thank you.

Ok, I've tried linking to the image file on an image storeage site - won't work. Copy & pasting it into a post does not appear to be possible, not surprisingly. Done a 'Search' using every combination of words I could think of, just gets me to other people's uploaded image files. I did try to find out before posting, honest !:dontknow:

I would really like to just upload it from my computer, but I gather that's not possible.

So how does one insert an image file into a post, please? Many thanks!

Sorry, sorry! I just found it. Just IMVHO, it is difficult to spot. And when its only available when in reply mode. Anyway, problem solved!

Another solution is to use Photobucket(www.photobucket.com ). It is an excellent site, and the best part is that it is FREE! I have used it for a number of years now, and I have never had any problems with it.:)

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
Wow! That's a gorgeous dog, Ron. Thank you all so much for your kind help on this Ron, shadowshiv and Andem. I'll try both image storage sites and see if they'll work for me.

Much appreciated! :smile:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Wow! That's a gorgeous dog, Ron. Thank you all so much for your kind help on this Ron, shadowshiv and Andem. I'll try both image storage sites and see if they'll work for me.

Much appreciated! :smile:

No worries. I'll send you the name of a wonderful site full of smilies in a PM.;)

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.
I rarely use my photobucket account anymore....it takes too long to sign-in upload a photo then link to it...
I now use ImageShack® - Online Media Hosting...No login... and if your image is too big...you have the option to resize:smile:
Thank you for this. Gosh! Everyone's being so kind & helpful. :smile: Adding ImageShack to my bookmarks right now.

I think I just managed to embed my first image in a post a few minutes ago! :::fingers crossed:::

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I use imageshack for quick/dirty applications it's handy but with the number of images I have/the way I like them displayed photobucket works better.

Also-if someone's connection to photobucket is slow then they should check their internet link-the Bad Old Days is long gone.

If you want real slow/clumsy/stupid check out communitywebshots-as bad as ever.