Beta.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It evades me. I like the thumps up/down gadget and I want one. But I can't seem to find a beta anywhere (not that I'd know one to see one).

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Peachy. Must be in another part of the country, I guess.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Betas hide between Alphas and Gammas!

That's what I was thinking Spade, Beta V.C.R.s did cross my mind, but after much deliberation I came to the conclusion that wasn't what she was talking about. These young people have to learn to speak English, when being technical, not Greek. :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It evades me. I like the thumps up/down gadget and I want one. But I can't seem to find a beta anywhere (not that I'd know one to see one).

You have to ask Andem to become one of the Beta Testers. There is no option (unlike the previous Beta test) to change back and forth for the Members. Andem is the only one capable of changing it.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
You have to ask Andem to become one of the Beta Testers. There is no option (unlike the previous Beta test) to change back and forth for the Members. Andem is the only one capable of changing it.
Cool. Thanks, Shadow. :)

They're all the rage on Aether Island!

That's what I was thinking Spade, Beta V.C.R.s did cross my mind, but after much deliberation I came to the conclusion that wasn't what she was talking about. These young people have to learn to speak English, when being technical, not Greek. :lol:
A while back I got a few notices that some people had given me thumbs up on some of my posts. CDNBear explained to me that it was a beta version enabling him to do that instead of the greenies and reddies. *cuffs you two clowns on the ears* Pay attention.
hehehehe

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
A while back I got a few notices that some people had given me thumbs up on some of my posts. CDNBear explained to me that it was a beta version enabling him to do that instead of the greenies and reddies.
This is true, and I prefer this version.

People can't go running around giving bad rep and leaving ignorant comments anonymously.

It's open to abuse, if you actually use these things to measure yourself. I think it's in the application of the "Thumb", that the measurement is truly found. But for the most part, it's a better system. Unlike the old one, you don't have to "spread it around". Which I didn't like.

I have to admit though, I'm extremely liberal with the "thumbs up". If you make me actually laugh, you get a thumbs up. If you post something I strenuously agree with, and thus save me the time of having to say it myself, you get a thumbs up. If you post something profound and thought provoking, you get a thumbs up. If you write a post that is indepth and intelligent, regardless of whether I agree with you or not, you get a thumbs up. Contrary to popular opinion. If you post rhetoric and/or parroted stupidity, you get a thumbs down. Which I am well aware of, has offended a few. Sadly they aren't capable of recognizing the fact, that when they post something decent, even when contrary to my position, they get a thumbs up. Nor are they capable of grasping that I don't use the system to spread a grudge around. Whether I like (Used subjectively)the member or not. Their posts are treated on case by case basis.

Which is pretty much how I would like to see everyone use the system. But that's just my opinion.

I would like to see it made available for OP's too. Prax, Nugg, VI and a couple others have started some excellent threads that I really would have liked to have given a thumbs up to.

Last edited:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This is true, and I prefer this version.

People can't go running around giving bad rep and leaving ignorant comments anonymously.

It's open to abuse, if you actually use these things to measure yourself. I think it's in the application of the "Thumb", that the measurement is truly found. But for the most part, it's a better system. Unlike the old one, you don't have to "spread it around". Which I didn't like.

I have to admit though, I'm extremely liberal with the "thumbs up". If you make me actually laugh, you get a thumbs up. If you post something I strenuously agree with, and thus save me the time of having to say it myself, you get a thumbs up. If you post something profound and thought provoking, you get a thumbs up. If you write a post that is indepth and intelligent, regardless of whether I agree with you or not, you get a thumbs up. Contrary to popular opinion. If you post rhetoric and/or parroted stupidity, you get a thumbs down. Which I am well aware of, has offended a few. Sadly they aren't capable of recognizing the fact, that when they post something decent, even when contrary to my position, they get a thumbs up. Nor are they capable of grasping that I don't use the system to spread a grudge around. Whether I like (Used subjectively)the member or not. Their posts are treated on case by case basis.

Which is pretty much how I would like to see everyone use the system. But that's just my opinion.

I would like to see it made available for OP's too. Prax, Nugg, VI and a couple others have started some excellent threads that I really would have liked to have given a thumbs up to.
I may be wrong but I thought since I was receiving the reports as good or bad and the name of the "reporter", that I was on the Beta system. You say though that unlike the old one, you don't have to spread it around. The last time I tried to add a rep I got exactly that report. Wasn't Beta the supposed newer version that we could opt to use? I opted to use it and have never changed my settings.
Andem says he has fixed it. Maybe that means for everyone.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hazing will commence shortly Anna...

Please come appropriately undressed.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I've added you, AnnaG
Am I on Beta or not Andem? Seems to be a tad confusing here. As I stated to Bear, I receive the reports (not greens and reds but bad or goods) but yesterday I was unable to add a rep as it stated I had to spread it around.