Anyone familiar with vBulletin 4.x?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I'm testing it out, and found it rather slow and clunky. I've got a backup from yesterday of Canadian Content running on it if anyone wants to give it a go, just send me a PM.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm testing it out, and found it rather slow and clunky. I've got a backup from yesterday of Canadian Content running on it if anyone wants to give it a go, just send me a PM.
I forget what ITN has up over at TPA, I'm pretty sure it's the latest thang, but you know he'd be willing to give you all the assistance you need.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I don't need assistance :) I'm just looking for user feedback. I've successfully backported a lot of mods to work with both what we're running here (3.7.x) and the newest version 4.x. The new template system looks like a mess though.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't need assistance :)
Sorry, I didn't mean to infer anything negative...:lol:

I'm just looking for user feedback. I've successfully backported a lot of mods to work with both what we're running here (3.7.x) and the newest version 4.x. The new template system looks like a mess though.
Whip on over and drop him a line, he pops on and off all day. I'm sure he'll give you the low down.

And he's running 4.0.2.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I might just do that :)
You should, we were actually talking about you the other day, lol. Don't worry, it was all positive, lol, and there was some sympathy mixed in there too, lol.

Being the guy he is, I know he would answer all your queries without hesitation.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So how do *you* like the newest version of vbulletin running at TPA?
Did you catch my thread "Ummm, what gives?", lol. But I think that's a server issue, lol.

I like it, it's a little more streamline and for the most part it's pretty quick. ITN, like yourself, is very diligent in fixing glitches, so I haven't run into any issues, except for a couple highscores not making it to the standings lists, lol.

Did that help? lol.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
So how do *you* like the newest version of vbulletin running at TPA?
the tpa posters and i haven't had any serious problems with vb4.:smile: itn mentioned that the current tpa is a work in progress because the software was deleted by a hacker and or virus.:-(