Download.gz

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
7-zip or winrar can open it if a program like gimp for windows need it, help file or add-on for example.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Do I need it? Is it something vital for CanadianContent to operate?

I don't mind admitting I'm no expert in PC stuff. Hell, up until just a few years ago - while my kids were learning all about FRED in school - aside from the instant teller, all I had to do with computers was to occasionally pull a load of them....

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Do I need it? Is it something vital for CanadianContent to operate?

I don't mind admitting I'm no expert in PC stuff. Hell, up until just a few years ago - while my kids were learning all about FRED in school - aside from the instant teller, all I had to do with computers was to occasionally pull a load of them....

Canadiancontent hosts all sorts of downloads on the shareware/freeware page. These files wouldn't have any effect on the operation of the site, they are there for people to download.

Did your browser AV extension flag the site as hosting viri?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Canadiancontent hosts all sorts of downloads on the shareware/freeware page. These files wouldn't have any effect on the operation of the site, they are there for people to download.

Did your browser AV extension flag the site as hosting viri?

No ... it just downloads on its own. I can't open it so I've just been deleting them.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Strange, lone wolf.

There is no download.gz file that I am aware of. On which page does it attempt to download?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
No particular page - just occasionally (once or twice a week) when I open a thread.

From properties, this is the last time: January 19, 2010, 10:55:33 AM EST

When you get the download prompt, does it show the IP address or the domain it is originating from?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Odd. I just checked server logs and there has been no request for 'download.gz' on this server. The content delivery network (lo4d.com) does use gzip compression (for faster speed) though so it may actually be a bug with your browser every now and then popping up.

What browser are you using?

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Odd. I just checked server logs and there has been no request for 'download.gz' on this server. The content delivery network (lo4d.com) does use gzip compression (for faster speed) though so it may actually be a bug with your browser every now and then popping up.

What browser are you using?
Chrome it looks like