Thread ratings now working

Andem
#1
Well it's been eons since I broke the thread rating menu but I've fixed it an it's now possible to submit your vote on a thread. Just click on the Rate Thread menu button.

Furthermore, you can also change your rating by simply resubmitting it.

Cheers
 
AnnaG
#2
It doesn't seem to have worked. 5 gold stars showed up and I clicked one for this thread and nothing happened.
 
shadowshiv
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaGView Post

It doesn't seem to have worked. 5 gold stars showed up and I clicked one for this thread and nothing happened.

I see the 5 gold stars, Anna. It is in the top right hand corner.
 
Andem
#4
When I clicked 1 star, the thread rating went down to 3/5.. Now I changed it to 5 and the average rating is 5. It appears two people have voted on this thread, and I'm one of them.
 
shadowshiv
#5
I gave it a '3' rating, and it is now down to 4 stars. It definitely seems to be working.
 
Zan
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

I gave it a '3' rating, and it is now down to 4 stars. It definitely seems to be working.

I had to give it a try too - got it back up to 5.

Yanno, in all my years here, I don't think it's ever occurred to me to rate a thread.
 
AnnaG
#7
Maybe I need to use Internet Exploder instead of Firefox? I still see 5 stars and can't click on any.
 
Zan
#8
nope, I'm on firefox too Anna - what happens when you click on a rating choice is it will average it out with what's already been selected by other members. So if you click on 1 star now, it should bring the thread rating down, but not all the way to 1 unless a few more people do that too... I think.
 
AnnaG
#9
No effect. The page didn't even reboot.
I don't even see stars, golden or not, on a few threads.
 
Zan
#10
hmmm Anna - don't know why your page wouldn't accept the addition of your rating to it - might have to ask Andem about that... but I think the reason some of the pages don't have any stars is because no one's rated it yet.
 
AnnaG
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanView Post

hmmm Anna - don't know why your page wouldn't accept the addition of your rating to it - might have to ask Andem about that... but I think the reason some of the pages don't have any stars is because no one's rated it yet.

How can one rate a thread if there are no stars to click? lol
I'm not terribly concerned with rating threads anyway. But, I get a bit fidgety about things on my puter not working properly.
 
Andem
#12
You click the button "Rate Thread"
 
Nuggler
#13
.......I gave it a "one", and it told me I registered an invalid vote.

Nice goin Andem......
 
Nuggler
#14
Woops, my bad. Forgot to put the arrow in the little hole thingy.

Technology...........sheesh
 
AnnaG
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

You click the button "Rate Thread"

lol Thanks, Andem. Sorry for being a nuisance.
 

Similar Threads

0
Working more?
by CBC News | Sep 23rd, 2008
2
0
The TV Ratings System
by missile | Mar 7th, 2006
10
Why oh Why Isn't this Working?
by bevvyd | Dec 14th, 2005
no new posts