Possible Move to Canada

Hey:)

For a long time now i have wanted to live in Canada, i currently live in the UK where i have lived my entire life. I have never visited Canada but something about the place just leave me in awe.

Im at a time in my life where i need to start making some decisions so decided maybe its time to pursue this dream i have.

I am currently qualified in sociology ( criminology based) so i can work in criminal areas, i also have a criminal law background. I have been working as a caseworker for victims who have suffered crimes. However i also have a strong background in office work however i do not have qualifications to back this up. I am qualified to bachlors degree level. My ideal job would be to work with some area of criminology ( prison services /probabtion /other crime issues)

I have no clue where to start looking for these jobs from over in the UK, and i have no idea how to go about getting a place over there or anything.

A friend said there was some scheme thing you could go on to go stay there for a few mths to see what its like, look for jobs etc but i have not found anything like this and my income is very limited so prices would have to suit. I have no idea how easy /hard it is to get a job there and i would be willing to work in any field at least till i got settled. I also have no idea which area i would like to live in either.

Any advice you could give me would be amazing.

Thank you in advance:)

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Come to Toronto! We have tons of criminal places to work in from gang war to gay prostitution, all the organized crime rackets and drugs drugs drugs! Or of your tastes run to the white collar crime set, we have Bay St. Chock full of lawyers and all types of swindly sorts.

Oh sorry, you want to help victims of crimes. Oh well maybe try Winnipeg. We tend to piss on the victims here in Hogtown. I think most of the legal aid lawyers are refusing to take cases because of the low low wages set for helping the poor.

Of course you are always free to change your mind. With all this restructuring of the auto industry and such there is big money to be had. Lawyers billing out at $1000 per hour isn't out of line. Or so they say.:roll:

Anyway Canada is a beautiful country diverse and magnificent in it's splendor. Come and enjoy what we all take for granted. :lol: Welcome to the board too.

Hehe thanks for the replies. Money is not an issue really as long as i have enough to live i would work for probably very low pay, im all about doing the right thing /saint lol.

UK is alright but its rough at the moment witht he economy crisis and limited jobs and things. I guess from the outside it probably looks like its great and 27 yrs of living here has probably crushed my UK spirit :p, no in all fairness i am a proud britian but its just nto where i want my future to be :)

Ty for the Link i will look at it in a moment.

Emma

kiwi_NZ

Electoral Member
May 23, 2009
New Zealand
Hey:)

For a long time now i have wanted to live in Canada, i currently live in the UK where i have lived my entire life. I have never visited Canada but something about the place just leave me in awe.

I'm at a time in my life where i need to start making some decisions so decided maybe its time to pursue this dream i have.

I am currently qualified in sociology ( criminology based) so i can work in criminal areas, i also have a criminal law background. I have been working as a caseworker for victims who have suffered crimes. However i also have a strong background in office work however i do not have qualifications to back this up. I am qualified to bachelors degree level. My ideal job would be to work with some area of criminology ( prison services /probation /other crime issues)

I have no clue where to start looking for these jobs from over in the UK, and i have no idea how to go about getting a place over there or anything.

A friend said there was some scheme thing you could go on to go stay there for a few mths to see what its like, look for jobs etc but i have not found anything like this and my income is very limited so prices would have to suit. I have no idea how easy /hard it is to get a job there and i would be willing to work in any field at least till i got settled. I also have no idea which area i would like to live in either.

Any advice you could give me would be amazing.

Thank you in advance:)

Welcome to the crazy house Emma :)

Awesome bunch here... I too are looking to make a move to Canada, my daughter is in Vancouver so I'll move in with her at first and go from there.

I have a load of links from web pages I have haunted and hounded for info too. If you have a job to go to it is much easier to get to live in Canada. Not so much red tape, and your new employer sponsors you.

My daughter is an in flight service manager / flight attendant so has travelled well and she has fallen in love with Vancouver and believes it is the most beautiful city on earth. If you would like any of the info I have come across let me know via PM and I'll send you page links I've investigated.

Find yourself a cool avatar, you look bare ! Ha! Enjoy your stay here on CC

Cheers Kiwi