Pad url?

DavidB

Nominee Member
Apr 24, 2006
www.akiti.ca
What is a PAD URL?

I was browsing the freeware section of CanadianContent.net and noticed many mathematics calculators, for example, Calculator Software Free

I work on a website that offers several mathematics tools for students. The tools are written in Javascript, so there is nothing to download and no plug-ins to install, although if somebody wanted to use the tools offline, they'd have to save the HTML page and Javascript file.

In any case, I am considering submitting the main math tools page for listing on CanadianContent.net.

Two questions:

1) Technically, there is nothing to download. Can I still submit my site?

2) I notice submitters are prompted to provide a PAD URL. What is a PAD URL? And can sites be submitted without one?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Hi David,

Unfortunately at this time we only offer tools on our web site which are available for download. Try googling "PAD File XML" in Google and you should find some information including specifications!

DavidB

Nominee Member
Apr 24, 2006
www.akiti.ca
Hi, Andem.

Thanks for the response.

Okay. I guess the only option open to me is to mention it in the "Web Sites" forum.
Hopefully, you are not too rigid with the definition of commercial site. My site is just a hobby; however, I have recently joined Google's AdSense progam and have slowly been putting ads on the pages. About half the pages now have AdSense ads. I would like to emphasize that the site was not created as a vehicle for AdSense; site has been around for several years, the ads are a relatively recent attempt to somehow get the site to fund itself.