Member of another forum?

Andem
Feel free to add http://forums.canadiancontent.net/ as your homepage in your profile! Every little bit helps

Locutus
You got it Andem.

Dreadful Nonsense
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

Feel free to add forums.canadiancontent.net/ (external - login to view) as your homepage in your profile! Every little bit helps

Zo...ve are juzt bitz...Mien fuheur...I am not a bitz......

eh1eh
Your accent is getting heavier all the time Doc.

Andem
OH let me clarify: Please, please, please don't spam other forums or post links in your profiles if their rules specify it's not permitted.

Cheers

Brinkley
Every little bit helps what?

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by BrinkleyView Post

Every little bit helps what?

I guess we're missing bits here.
I have mine
and its ready

Dalreg
Yes I'm a member of many other forums, and no I don't post links for this or any other forums. In a lot of cases it is against their rules.

Not sure about this forum but it doesn't matter to me.

hermanntrude
cheeky bugger. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably do it too, but it's a little cheeky to suggest that other people advertise your forum on other forums when it's explicit in the rules of THIS forum not to advertise others.

Practice what you preach, I say.

El Barto
Herm are you preaching we should eat bananas?

hermanntrude
god, no, they're disgusting

lone wolf
Lotsa potassium though - one of nature's marvels....

Wolf

Kreskin
Creamy Yoplait Vanilla Yogurt and Bananas. Words that need capital letters, it's that good.

triedit
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

cheeky bugger. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably do it too, but it's a little cheeky to suggest that other people advertise your forum on other forums when it's explicit in the rules of THIS forum not to advertise others.

No offense intended, dude, but he's got you by the short hairs on that one.

Brinkley
How is this place affiliated with CTV?

Andem
Never really had a problem with people posting links in their profiles. What pisses me off is when I find out about other sites to see the memberlist made up almost exclusively of Canadian Content members!

Example: Andem on CKA, CKA on CanadianContent.

As I said, don't spam other forums. If you're allowed to post links (you usually are), then feel free to.

Oh, and don't put words in my mouth. We don't condone spamming.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

LOL, I did smell that coming.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

hermann, the rules don't state you CAN'T put a forum in your profile, which is what Andem suggested. The rules state you have to be a continuous member, and ask first.

As Andem clarified.... don't violate other forums' rules to do it.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

LOL, I did smell that coming.

aw man you can smell chimp crap?

flutterby
what is the difference between posting a link to another site in your profile and spamming?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Lotsa potassium though - one of nature's marvels....

Wolf

Argggg, the Chiquita and Dole advertising campaign.

Lots of foods have more potassium, without all the sugar or high glycemic index. I'm not anti-banana or anything though. They're also a good food to eat if you have diarrhea. The pectin in them helps bind up the extra water.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

aw man you can smell chimp crap?

Smells like bananas.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Smells like bananas.

um chewed bananas you mean

Andem
Quote: Originally Posted by trieditView Post

No offense for what? Have you not noticed that there's a forum dedicated to web links? and a thread dedicated to links to other forums?

eh1eh

No offense for what? Have you not noticed that there's a forum dedicated to web links (external - login to view)? and a thread dedicated to links to other forums (external - login to view)?

Combed that out without a tangle. LOL Go Andem.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by flutterbyView Post

what is the difference between posting a link to another site in your profile and spamming?

Spamming would be opening a thread just to 'sell' people on another forum, or placing a link in the main forum pages.

Placing a link in your profile is simply telling others a bit about where you like to hang.

flutterby

No offense for what? Have you not noticed that there's a forum dedicated to web links (external - login to view)? and a thread dedicated to links to other forums (external - login to view)?

Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Spamming would be opening a thread just to 'sell' people on another forum, or placing a link in the main forum pages.

Placing a link in your profile is simply telling others a bit about where you like to hang.

oh. it's all clear now.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Um Karrie can i get a forum just for my crotch?
that's where i hang

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Um Karrie can i get a forum just for my crotch?
thatr where i hang

Will that be left or right Monseiur?

karrie
Yes elbarto.... you can open your thread at weallwouldlovetoseethat.com