Member of another forum?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
OH let me clarify: Please, please, please don't spam other forums or post links in your profiles if their rules specify it's not permitted.

Cheers :)

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
Yes I'm a member of many other forums, and no I don't post links for this or any other forums. In a lot of cases it is against their rules.

Not sure about this forum but it doesn't matter to me.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
cheeky bugger. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably do it too, but it's a little cheeky to suggest that other people advertise your forum on other forums when it's explicit in the rules of THIS forum not to advertise others.

Practice what you preach, I say.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Creamy Yoplait Vanilla Yogurt and Bananas. Words that need capital letters, it's that good.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Never really had a problem with people posting links in their profiles. What pisses me off is when I find out about other sites to see the memberlist made up almost exclusively of Canadian Content members!

Example: Andem on CKA, CKA on CanadianContent.

As I said, don't spam other forums. If you're allowed to post links (you usually are), then feel free to.

Oh, and don't put words in my mouth. We don't condone spamming.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
cheeky bugger. Now don't get me wrong, I'd probably do it too, but it's a little cheeky to suggest that other people advertise your forum on other forums when it's explicit in the rules of THIS forum not to advertise others.

Practice what you preach, I say.

hermann, the rules don't state you CAN'T put a forum in your profile, which is what Andem suggested. The rules state you have to be a continuous member, and ask first.

As Andem clarified.... don't violate other forums' rules to do it.

flutterby

Time Out
Oct 3, 2007
what is the difference between posting a link to another site in your profile and spamming?