Writing for Canadian Content

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Canadian Content's mission has always been to promote the presence of Canadians and Canadian Information on the Internet. Not to mention including points of view, commentary and news which is well indexed over the Internet.

The forums are a great way for people to communicate with each other and provide sane and civil debate, but what we've been lacking recently is a well presented article system, in which people can submit their writing, reviews and commentary to our News System. Recently, this has mainly been due to the fact the option has not really been promoted throughout the community, though we still get relevant commentary from a few people who email us stories to display.

Some popular topic stories have received HOARDES of traffic from Google News and MSN News.

The CC-News system is ad-free and Canadian Content does not profit from the content submitted, therefore it's a great way to post your well-written and referenced articles.

There's the possibility that I can integrate it more into the membership system of the forums and create a member-group which has access to editing and posting of news, including the option for photos. I just need to know whether the interest is there.

One thing to know: You can write about anything. We have 3 main categories right now, International News, Canadian News and Consumer Reports. I can always open that up to other categories and of course love taking member suggestions for ideas and features.

Canadian Content is a very powerful tool and ranks along side sites like CTV.ca and AOL.ca in terms of traffic.

Let me know in the thread or via PM if you have ideas or are interested in this project.

News commentary is one of the most important types of reading material today, and it doesn't have to be written by big media tycoons anymore.

SwitSof

Electoral Member
One thing to know: You can write about anything. We have 3 main categories right now, International News, Canadian News and Consumer Reports. I can always open that up to other categories and of course love taking member suggestions for ideas and features.

Any possibility to have a category related to research, innovation and technology by any chance?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
That double dots didn't imply hesitation I hope?
Cause what you're agreeing with would be quite cool, I reckon. Cheers!

We already have a tech content, so the double dot wasn't a hesitation; just a confirmation that science will be separate from tech.

Cheers