sarcasm

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
How to suggest sarcasm on a forum?

I've noticed, as have many others, that a lot of misunderstandings on the forum come from lack of recognition of someone's sarcasm. Now obviously it kind of ruins the effect if you write afterwards "the above is sarcasm", but maybe there's a subtle way we can show it? maybe we could use a certain colour or font to suggest it?

comments?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I remember we discussed this Hermann, I think colour would be the easiest thing to do here. I've seen blue used as a regular colour, red to highlight something, I think a colour would be best. Though I don't think we ever have misunderstandings in this forum.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
That is a good suggestion. We could put an asterisk after the comment, but that would prevent people from learning about sarcasm something we need in life today. There are times on CC that sarcasm has turned in bantering and given me a good laugh, I would miss this.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'm on the fence at the moment. It sometimes seems like a good idea and sometimes seems dumb. I cant decide. that's why i asked u guys. You know everything

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I wondered about that too, but after recent comments on my last poll i am loathe to start again. Anyway maybe it could just happen slowly over time. if those who support the issue start to use an agreed method, others will figure it out or ask about it, and it'll either grow or be a code between us lot.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
:glasses2: How about using this smilie indicate sarcasm? He looks sort of cool...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
My pevious post was sarcastic, sort of, maybe, OK it was. Maybe instead of a poll we could just make a declaration and all who didn't comply would be the black sarcastics.:laughing7:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
My pevious post was sarcastic, sort of, maybe, OK it was. Maybe instead of a poll we could just make a declaration and all who didn't comply would be the black sarcastics.:laughing7:

Oh sure that'd be great... .:glasses2: