Strange problem with posting

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Just thought I would report this. I went to post a reply in the Quick Reply box, and it wouldn't let me, so I copied the text I had written, and refreshed the page (at this point I thought I was suspended or something), then I went back the thread and posted and it worked.

It was a little bit odd. Just reporting it. Thanks! :D

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Just thought I would report this. I went to post a reply in the Quick Reply box, and it wouldn't let me, so I copied the text I had written, and refreshed the page (at this point I thought I was suspended or something), then I went back the thread and posted and it worked.

It was a little bit odd. Just reporting it. Thanks! :D

My computer gets the hiccups sometimes too.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I lose about every tenth post I make here. The Internet connection is fine but the site itself seems to simply die. I have to leave and then return; otherwise, reposting is impossible. Just a glitch, I guess.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, I guess.. I am a member of a few weeks, so I am not used to these probs.

My connection is fine, so it may just be a hiccup. A week ago, I had a post in a thread that didn't show up until 2 hours later. I thought it had been deleted or something.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
DB, it is especially annoying when I've completed an atypical post, you know a little longer than my shorties. To lose it and have to redo it is a pain.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
DB, it is especially annoying when I've completed an atypical post, you know a little longer than my shorties. To lose it and have to redo it is a pain.

I'm not having any glitches with the site. My computer gets hiccups sometimes - nothing that F4 can't solve.

Some people say that second time is better and three times lucky.

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
Yeah, I guess.. I am a member of a few weeks, so I am not used to these probs.

My connection is fine, so it may just be a hiccup. A week ago, I had a post in a thread that didn't show up until 2 hours later. I thought it had been deleted or something.

Were you a new member a week ago? Any time a new member posts anything with a link in it, the post is quarantined, so to speak, until someone above ensures that it's not a spam party. I had the same thing happen with a couple of hours delay. That's not a hiccup. Could that have been the reason?