I Apologize to Sanctus

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Please accept by apology for ranting at you for my personal hangups with the RC religion. I had absolutely no right to hang this all on you, I don't even know you. You have a right to your beliefs and my experiences have nothing to do with you. If I go back on "How to get rid of our sinfulness" I will try to discuss rationally and with respect but if I don't I give you permission to kick my butt please.

Even with my rant I do admire you for your convictions and unshakeable beliefs.

Sparrow

Reactions: karrie and eh1eh

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Nor I, as I have made my ammends to the Padre as well...

He is a "Stand and Deliver" kinda guy, there is no fault to be found in that, not at all.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You know, very rarely have I ever seen so much apologizing on debate boards. I love it. Do you suppose it's the 'Canadian factor'?

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
I am Canadian, and never apologize for my comments. It has nothing to do with Canada.. its just human nature.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
I am Canadian, and never apologize for my comments. It has nothing to do with Canada.. its just human nature.

I wouldn't brag about that! We all need, from time to time, to realize when we are in error and apologize if our comments offend anyone.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
People may say they hope they offended nobody, but people don't retract their comments, they will just say something like: "the way I went about it" or "I was a little to emotionally driven".

But you will barely ever see a person retract the basic gif of their comment.

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
People may say they hope they offended nobody, but people don't retract their comments, they will just say something like: "the way I went about it" or "I was a little to emotionally driven".

I hear it all the time. And on this list, the "regulars" often admit their errors and come clean with one another. This is a very unique group of people!

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
well, I am! Just because I am Canadian doesn't mean, I have to fit the international Canadian stereo-type.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm

Apologising is not retracting your comment. It is acknowleging that you have offended someone and expressing regret for that offense.
Sometimes when you ackowlege something like that you get little green cookies instead of red ones.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

hehehe... I JUST read your post apologizing for having posted derogatory words regarding first nations people. I know you want to seem like a tough guy, but, saying you never apologize would mean you're not human.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Please accept by apology for ranting at you for my personal hangups with the RC religion. I had absolutely no right to hang this all on you, I don't even know you. You have a right to your beliefs and my experiences have nothing to do with you. If I go back on "How to get rid of our sinfulness" I will try to discuss rationally and with respect but if I don't I give you permission to kick my butt please.

Even with my rant I do admire you for your convictions and unshakeable beliefs.

Sparrow

Thank you, but it was not necessary for you to do so. I hold no animosity for people in their beliefs. I also do not have issues with people wanting to discuss anything, as long as in doing so they refrain from personal attacks. If in any way anything I have posted has offended you, or anyone, I also submit my apologies.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
You know, very rarely have I ever seen so much apologizing on debate boards. I love it. Do you suppose it's the 'Canadian factor'?

Yes, I susppose it is:) Also, some of the other people have already commented upon this, but I have to get my fifty cents in too! I think the much mentioned "regulars" of this forum have gotten to the point where we generally appreciate one another besides our often heated differences. In short, father the lot of us in a room, and I bet you all my money we'd have one hell of a good time together!

Or, if not in a room, Bear could lead the lot of us on one of his proposed nature jaunts! In fact, I like that idea the best! Let's convince him to organize some sort of group gathering where we could all get together and go play in the forest as one group!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Morning Sanctus

I always enjoy some of the kindness to read in the morning when I first sign on here. I was taken by the topic of apologies as something very rewarding for both the person who offers them and the recipient. Here are a few quotations I came across on a blog giving some ideas on the worth of apologies:

"It takes a great deal of character strength to apologize quickly out of one's heart rather than out of pity. A person must possess himself and have a deep sense of security in fundamental principles and values in order to genuinely apologize."
Stephen R. Covey

"It takes humility to seek feedback. It takes wisdom to understand it, analyze it, and appropriately act on it."
Stephen R. Covey First Things First

"Live out of your imagination, not your history."
Stephen R. Covey

"Lose/Win people bury a lot of feelings. And unexpressed feelings come forth later in uglier ways. Psychosomatic illnesses often are the reincarnation of cumulative resentment, deep disappointment and disillusionment repressed by the Lose/Win mentality. Disproportionate rage or anger, overreaction to minor provocation, and cynicism are other embodiments of suppressed emotion. People who are constantly repressing, not transcending feelings toward a higher meaning find that it affects the quality of their relationships with others."
Stephen R. Covey

I personally have seen the occasional apology on forums after a predicament among people, and I have made many myself over the years (all necessary), but this forum seems to have adopted the system of awareness of real people on the other end of their words....and the importance of clearing the air rather than some of the other methods which forums seek to enforce. We are all adult if not in years, certainly in mind. To be allowed to hash our resentment or misunderstanding could be a relevant purpose of forum life and I hope the tradition continues.

I think apology when necessarily warranted is a fine concept worthy of fine people. Not necessarily defined by citizenship or residency, but by innate humanity.... a global thing.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Some people join forums just to create controversy, however here we have lively debates and discussions without animosity. It sometime gets lively but always interesting and often educating. It is only in a free exchange of ideas, personal experiences and information that we suceed in opening our minds. No matter how heated these discussions become, members remain friendly toward each other and can always joke with each other. I have looked long and hard for a forum that was interesting and open, I sure found it. You are all a great bunch of people and I am proud to be counted among you. A good forum is only as good as its members!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Bear could lead the lot of us on one of his proposed nature jaunts! In fact, I like that idea the best! Let's convince him to organize some sort of group gathering where we could all get together and go play in the forest as one group!

That would be so neat. You all are a great lot, I'm sure the stories coming out of a real world gathering of your minds would be hilarious to say the very least!