Canadian Content VIDEOS

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
If you haven't noticed, our new video site is under public testing now and we're encouraging users with videos to upload them if you're interested. I've already uploaded a few test videos to get it going -- most of which may just give you a little laugh. Be sure to note any faults and bugs!

You can check the most recently viewed videos on the main forum page right above "Who's Online".

Cheers

Last edited:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Awesome feature. If I had something to upload I would.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Oooo! That's nice. Good resolution on the vids too.

Do you think so? Cool ;) I have been alpha/beta testing with several different decoders to make sure this new service does not cost too much to run.. I'm a little worried about bandwidth in the long run, but we've been in talks with two providers - one in Markham and one in Newmarket, Ontario - who are giving us options.

Anyways, let me know what else you'd like to see up there. EVERYONE CAN UPLOAD THEIR OWN VIDEOS.. don't forget :)

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Do you think so? Cool ;) I have been alpha/beta testing with several different decoders to make sure this new service does not cost too much to run.. I'm a little worried about bandwidth in the long run, but we've been in talks with two providers - one in Markham and one in Newmarket, Ontario - who are giving us options.

Anyways, let me know what else you'd like to see up there. EVERYONE CAN UPLOAD THEIR OWN VIDEOS.. don't forget :)

What sort of codec are you using to compress the videos? MPEG4?

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I believe they have server side software that does the conversion. I do know that you can import video into flashmx and export it is a .swf files though.

That's correct, we use server-side software to look at the video, determine it's origins, duration, etc. and then convert it into flash media to display on web pages. It's quite difficult to download Flash moves from (EG. CC Video, Youtube, Google Video) and play them on your windows machine.. they are designed more to be streamed from the Internet.