Dump the News Media articles...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Andem

In an earlier post you asked if we liked the CTV/CBC articles -

After giving them a fair chance - I say dump them... This morning 1/3 of the posts were newsmedia...

They take up too much room and are confusing to some people who go to the trouble of posting the same
articles only to find they are already up.

Is it something we have to put up with or does the majority love them or what?

They are as ITN said earlier - irritating. I now agree.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Andem

In an earlier post you asked if we liked the CTV/CBC articles -

After giving them a fair chance - I say dump them... This morning 1/3 of the posts were newsmedia...

They take up too much room and are confusing to some people who go to the trouble of posting the same
articles only to find they are already up.

Is it something we have to put up with or does the majority love them or what?

They are as ITN said earlier - irritating. I now agree.

Personally, I don't mind the British ones, since they are not from our own papers. The CTV ones are somewhat annoying, in particular for those of us get our news from other sources. Sometimes the same story, I have noticed, is put up two or three times by different people. Maybe just keep the international ones, or ones that are of some special focus or purpose, dropping the regular daily reports.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I have to agree with Bear. I haven't seen those threads getting more than 10 posts, which may be a little high even. It seems everyone here has their own media sources which they like to peruse, and then post for discussion, which I think works better for creating a discussion.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Plus CTV has now posted the same article twice, that shark story was posted this morning at 11:00, and now againat 1130pm.

Do they always post things twice, or is this just a mistake?

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Same thing this morning for another CTV article.

It has now been posted at 6:40am and also there was one Gopher replied to at 6:07 am