sudden increase in spam

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
attached (possibly) is a screenshot of the recent topics screen at the front of this website. It has been slightly doctored to highlight those posts which appear to be spam. I have included the news websites as well, since none of us asked for them to be there and they're drowning all the topics which we actually DO want to talk about.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Okay. I've gone ahead and CANCELLED the syndication of CTV and CBC News until I can get to work on screening them from the recent topics lists.

attached (possibly) is a screenshot of the recent topics screen at the front of this website. It has been slightly doctored to highlight those posts which appear to be spam. I have included the news websites as well, since none of us asked for them to be there and they're drowning all the topics which we actually DO want to talk about.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Andem

First - thanks for the hard work

I have a couple of questions - they can wait.

Happy Octoberfest even though it seems to have started.

Is Paris Hilton meeting you there?

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hey Hermann

Like your new avatar - you found something really cool for yourself...

All mine are too big for the new format....will have to learn how to resize which will take me months as
I am techie dumb!

I think people do not like change once they get used to a system and can post without thought as to
how things work - when they just want to write their posts - or read new ones.

It only takes a few days and we all learn the new system and get back to arguing....:D

I think the forum is still "in progress" so I'll wait for a bit to whine because most of the questions will
be answered anyway.

Your questions are legitimate - and you are not alone - there were many questions - but if Andem is offering a free service - we should take what we can get. I think Andem deserves kudos right now not criticism and complaint.

Anyone who wants to run a forum is completely mad in my book - putting up with the personalities.

An administrator of any public (political) forum on the internet should be straightening out the problems at the U.N. It would be an easier job. ;) WC

Last edited:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I had no idea and I admit, gave no thought at all as to how this forum was run. when it became clear to me that Andem was the driving force and was providing the whole thing for free, i looked around for advertising and realised the forum is pretty clear of that, which means Andem is pretty much working a miracle. Therefore I have seen the error of my ways and am attempting to provide kudos rather than criticism and hopefully I will have learned to keep my trap shut until I know what i'm talking about next time. not likely though :D

glad u like the avatar. I made it myself from a badge i got given upon my second screeching in, just after the wedding at an enormous party on the beach :D God bless adobe acrobat :D

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Hermann

No need to change your ways....where else do we get to vent and insult and even compliment for free without getting whupped!

Yes Andem is giving us this as a courtesy - his time, his knowledge and whatever administrators "get" out of it. Gotta admire their goodness.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I'll change my ways if i want to! don't you oppress me!

Venting is all very well but biting the hand that feeds you is something that a bad dog does.