what happened?

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
the forum was down and then when it came back up everything had changed. I don't like the new format. And how are we supposed to get our own posts back up? there used to be a button called "my posts"

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Once everyone gets the hang of the new board I'm sure everyone will recognize the value added features.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
quick reply isnt as quick as it used to be, the text is too small, there is no button to find your own posts, and i've just lost the avatar i uploaded yesterday!

not impressed. I hope it's worthwhile software-wise

feronia

Time Out
Jul 19, 2006
I'm afraid I have to agree. This format is hard on the eyes and I also navigate the board with "my Post" also. Is there a way to integrate our needs and keep the Techs toys?

Last edited:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa I hate change, I'm old and cranky and change makes me meaner than normal. Lord is the quick reply button fast it like boom and voila there is my post. I like that part. I feel for those who are having trouble reading the text but I have brand spanking new Bifocals and I can read everything.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Hey guys, give Andem a chance to activate and re-jig things. This isn't a new version of the old forum it's a completely different board. It's now running on vBulletin which is the best, or one of the best, forum solutions on the market. In the meantime go into "My Profile" to see a host of new features we didn't have before.

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Sorry. Yet another person griping. This format is AWFUL!!!!!!!

It is so confusing with all the headings and the confusing posting buttons and repeated headings. Now this forum looks just like all the other ones on the net. I liked this one because it was so easy on the eyes. You could read downwards through all the posts without continued headings interrupting your reading. You used to focus on what people were saying and who was saying it because it was so simply displayed. I find this format is so tiring to use and look at and seems to depersonalize all of the posts.

I think you might lose a lot of members if the format stays like this. It has lost its fun simplicity that made it so different from all the other forums.

Reactions: hermanntrude

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
something else that ive noticed... correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think we had automatic news posts (along with their network names) before.

If i wanted to know what was on the CBC news i'd go to canada and switch on the TV. The old method was good because it meant that people only posted about what interested them.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
vBULLTIEN is good, but this is one uglt looking site now, and it even hurts my eyes, are their any other skins? do we have the option to set our own skins like on some vbulliten sites?

So far unimpressed

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Whoa all ... take a chill pill! :) Andem will get around to tweaking this software with all our little requests, I'm sure, but this is the best forum software available. Switching over is a huge task, especially since his helper made a run for it. :(

Once we get used to the little things on this, we will love it. I visit other forums using this software and it's got a lot of excellent features. The old software was maxxed out, even with Andem's wizardry. This one? Hah! Watch him do his magic!

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
This is going to take some getting used to...
Finally got my avatar back...

fuzzylogix

Council Member
Apr 7, 2006
Buy PHENTERMINE Online, Overnight Shipping
Overnight Shipping. Based in the USA for Quality and Safety. No prior prescription required.
TRAMADOL
You save now! We sell all meds at cost. US licensed pharmacy.
Cost plus processing fee. Free Overnight FedEx. Secure

P.S. 2admin,moderators:
If you want stop this click here

Oh great- Is this going to be one of the benefits- getting garbage like this?