Zero Tolerance

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
It's summer. It's hot. I've got a fever, a staph infection and have just found out that I have cancer (which they were able to get, hopefully). In short, I have zero tolerance for babysitting people who just want to come here to fight.

Anyone attacking other posters will be banned without notice. Always feel free to argue with ideas ... that's the basis of good debate ... but name calling or personal attacks are just not acceptable. I have opinions on conservatives that would curl your hair, but I don't attack the conservative members. If I'm so moved to debate them, I attack their stance and their reasoning. I'm long on temper and short on tact so I figure that if I can do this, so can anyone else.

We have people leaving this forum because the feeling has shifted from one of friendliness and lively debate to hostility. We've tried warning people, but hey, it's summer. None of the staff wants to hang around on the computer hand holding the few who want to just fight. We'd probably have a little more time and patience if it were January.

If anyone gets banned and wants to discuss it with me, feel free to email me at sandy(a)canadiancontent.net (change the (a) to and @).

Play nice or go throw a frisbee at the beach instead.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I thank the Administration for its continued efforts to ensure that the neighbourly atmosphere at Canadian Content is continued. I thank the Administrators (and our wonderful team of Moderators, of course) for their continued vigilence to ensure a safe and friendly community for everyone here.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Cosmo, I wish you the very best of luck with the ordeals you're going through right now! It's amazing that you continue to come here to witness our ramblings! Make sure you get lots of rest! Edit And that rest thing is an order from your Minister of Colours. ;)

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
AMEN TO ZERO TOLERANCE!!!

That is what this forum has needed all along. It will be a much better place for this policy.

Will the Wreck Beach or whatever it's called be eliminated as well? I believe that that would be a good way to start.

As for your illness, I'm not much of a praying man but will definitely keep you in my thoughts.

PLEASE GET WELL REAL SOON!!!

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Thanks to everyone who posted here, emailed me, PM'd me ... seems the good folk at CC are happy about the spring (summer?) cleaning. Glad that the regulars are more interested in building community than waging war. You are an amazing bunch!!!

As for the health stuff ... people are asking me about it, so here's the scoop. Not a huge deal. I had a melanoma on my knee, removed, it was cancer, got sent off to the plastic surgeon who lopped off a big chunk, got staph infection in the wound, now I'm chomping horse pills and sleeping upside-down like a bat to combat the infection.

I'm the world's worst patient so I'm cranky, annoyed and extremely annoying. :) Now I just have to do the medical do-se-do dance to make sure the cancer didn't spread to lungs, liver or any other corner of my body, and if those come back clear (which they will!!!), I'm good to stay. Either way, survival rate for this kind of cancer is excellent.

Just a wake up call, really. Kinda puts life into perspective and makes things like miserable forum members a minor annoyance rather than a big deal. Hey, I gots the "ban" button for a reason! ;)

So I'm fine, but thanks to everyone who's been contacting me to send their best wishes. To be honest I was a bit surprised but it sure makes me realize what a bunch of great folks I have here at CC! You're all very much appreciated.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Update ... found out Friday that I am cancer free. Yay!! The last surgery got it all. Aside from checkups every 3 months for a while, I'm good to stay. ;) Thanks a zillion to everyone for your support. It wasn't that big a deal, but still enough to make me nervous and cranky. Still fighting the staph infection, but hey, that's not gonna take me outta the game, at least.

Again, thanks. My friends at CC really have been amazing. Won't be forgotten.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Good to hear the results of the tests Cosmo.

Now you can wewax. :wink:

Just get the infection cured.

Zero tolerance may be ok if someone gets REALLY nasty and personal.

Musta missed it......dang :!: :!: ......Couldn't a been me cause I'm still here.

Hopin the health improves:

:idea: Ugg.

PS: Read something today. People are catching staph infections IN the hospital. Going Canada wide so "they" say. Our next big media frenzy.

SARS, West Nile, BSE in cattle, terra alerts, crazy chicken disease, bird flu. Now we got the Staph Dance. Be prepared for a lot of media crappola on this'un.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Why does the forum allow a rascist term such as Islamofascist?

Suppose someone wrote ZioNazis to describe Zionists --- would that be OK?

I suggest that all racist terms be banned on this forum. Thank you.

ol' dawg

Electoral Member
Jun 25, 2005
standing by a hydrant
That's mighty good news Cosmo. I had my left kidney removed in 1989 bescause a tumour was growing on it - had reached the size of an apricot the doctor said. I know something of the anxiety people have when they find out they have cancer.

Hope all your check-ups turn out as good as mine did. :thumbup:

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
gopher said:

Good suggestion except Islam isn't a race...

Instead of Islamofacist it should be...

Allah hu ackbar
Submit to us, oh infidels
Saladin will strike at your necks
Hezbollah in the 9th circle of hell,
Osama bin Laden FTL, inshallah,
Libya learned their lesson didnt they?
Egypt was stomped as well
Syria is next if think they can play.

Now I'll prolly be banned permanently because of this, but my little passage there is pure jibberish, unless you read the first letter of each sentence, straight down. Good substitution for Islamofacist if you ask me..

In case I'm not here tomorrow..Good luck Mogz, Colpy, I Think Not, Missile, and et al

Caleb-Dain Matton

Electoral Member
Jun 14, 2006
Sarnia, Ontario
www.commondreams.org
thomaska said:
gopher said:

Good suggestion except Islam isn't a race...

Instead of Islamofacist it should be...

Allah hu ackbar
Submit to us, oh infidels
Saladin will strike at your necks
Hezbollah in the 9th circle of hell,
Osama bin Laden FTL, inshallah,
Libya learned their lesson didnt they?
Egypt was stomped as well
Syria is next if think they can play.

Now I'll prolly be banned permanently because of this, but my little passage there is pure jibberish, unless you read the first letter of each sentence, straight down. Good substitution for Islamofacist if you ask me..

In case I'm not here tomorrow..Good luck Mogz, Colpy, I Think Not, Missile, and et al

I don't condone banning anyone's opinions. But just to clear up some of your racist comments,

1. Allah = God . They are one in the same, just different names. Learn some religion before you post ignorantly.

2. Lybia and Egypt learned that terrorist Israel and United Terrorists of America can get commit terrorist acts and get away with it. I had already proven in a previous post that the US has committed terrorist acts and are a World Court Criminal.

3. Syria is next? Are you some kind of macho racist gunslinger enticing conflicts that will result in greater civilian deaths? Grow up.

4. You stating Islamofacsits is absolutely no different than me stating Christianofascists. Looks like we did a full circle and are back at Point A. Are you capable of useful discussion?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
`` my little passage there is pure jibberish, unless you read the first letter of each sentence ``

There's much hate and emotionalism there. Obviously.

The conductor

Feb 12, 2006
I am glad that you are cancer-free and that you will be getting better over time. Eat right and get loads of sleep and it will be all good.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Thanks all for your good wishes. :) I'm all better now, although the improvement in health hasn't seemed to improve my tolerance for fighting any. ;)

Caleb-Dain Matton and Gopher ... this thread isn't for debate. Take it elsewhere.

As for banning racism, well that's such a grey area it's not possible. We weed out the obvious stuff, but folks are entitled to their opinions. Add to that I'd rather know when someone is prejudiced and giving folks enough room to show their true colours is a good thing on a forum. I'd rather know how someone really feels and have the opportunity to engage them in discussion than to have everyone playing PC Poker and lying through their keyboards.

If anyone is offended by something, use the XReport button and we'll look at it. We may not edit it, but we will be made aware.