Subforums

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC

The Wizard has been waving his wizzie stick around behind the scenes again and we now have subforums. Yay!

You'll notice that some topics have been combined under a single heading. This will help organize the front page and make it easier to use.

Thanks Andem! Always typing away in yer big pointy hat back there. Much appreciated!

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
On the topic of new forums, however, I would wonder whether or not the change to make each page contain sixteen posts (I think) was on purpose? If I remember, there was a change made to twenty-five (from fifteen) some weeks ago. Sixteen is a rather odd number to have per page.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
I cried about it, Five ... it took forever to load if there were pix on it and I have absolutely no patience. Andem kindly changed it back to less to stop the whining. :p

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Ah, okay. :)

Just wondering, hehe, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other, my connection is fast enough so as to make it not of particular interest. I was just curious because I was seeing pages with less than fifty mosts having three or four pages, so I was confused. :)

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't like the new format. I like the old one much better.

And as for shortening the amount of posts per page, I thank you. It was starting to kill my computer.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I raised concerns over the ever-increasing size of the front page during the tenure of the Board of Directors, and I would continue to support those concerns. I think that the forums can and should be consolidated, where possible, to ensure that the front forum page is easy to navigate and to ensure that it isn't "cluttered."

With the addition of more recent forums such as the faith-based forums, the size of the list was beginning to get out of hand. However, on a particular point, I am quite happy to see that the forums that used to be listed under the Closer to Home category have been moved. I don't think that those forums are even necessary, but if we must retain them, I am happy to see them "out of the way."

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
LOL Finder....

I like it - it's neater looking, and once ya get familiar with it, it'll seem like old hat.... till Andem strikes again!!