*New* Minor layout changes

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
We've changed the layout of the forum main page and the overall layout of every form page. The recent topics section has been reformatted to be easier to read, include separators between each topic (stupid me for never doing that), additional separation between each forum and minor font adjustments.

Additionally, we have reverted back to the official CC logo colours of red and blue and cleaned up the header of each forum page to be smaller, more compact and include easier search options.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Changes to Formatting

Andem¹, with due respect to the changes you have made (and with respect, of course, to your own tastes) I preferred the Recent Threads section with its previous formatting — the new, larger font size is somewhat obstructive and "cluttered", in my opinion.

In terms of your changes to the header, I am quite in favour of the idea of a more compact header — however, I think that perhaps it may need some tweaking (I am running a beta of Windows Internet Explorer 7, so perhaps my browser is misinterpreting the page); the right-hand-side of the header appears to be missing its logo, and there is a line of pixels of white space to the left of the private messages link.

Thank you for the revised search options.

Just my two humble cents. :D

:!: Revision : (1) Corrected a formatting error.

:!: Revision : (P.S.) Never mind, my concerns have been resolved. :)

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Re: Revised, Revised Layout

Loving the new layout, Andem!

Hm, I am going to need to search for the hex codes to the reverted logo colours, though — I can't very well welcome new users to Canadian Content anymore when orange is in fact not even in the logo! :p

:!: Revision : Hm... Canadian Content... yeah, that works! :D

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Oh, wow! Very good point, Johnny Utah — didn't notice that.

...the powers that be don't think we should be stepping away from this place... :lol:

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
The logout button: Strange, it was there during testing but it disappeared.. here we are, its back.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
Re: Changes to Formatting

FiveParadox said:
Andem¹, with due respect to the changes you have made (and with respect, of course, to your own tastes) I preferred the Recent Threads section with its previous formatting — the new, larger font size is somewhat obstructive and "cluttered", in my opinion.

I am sorry but I'm inclined to agree. Its giving me a headache just trying to sort it all out. I thought it looked very good the way it was before.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
RE: *New* Minor layout ch

S'okay- my PC has been acting up and I was worried at first that the changes were on my end, seeing this thread made me feel better, I like the bold on the front page to make things "pop" a bit better

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I quite like the new Recent Threads format — my criticism of the format was in reference to some odd-looking large font sizes and broken table dimensions, but minutes after posting my concerns a new style was applied. I assume that the large-fonted thing I had seen was just something in the interim.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Re: RE: *New* Minor layout changes

FiveParadox said:
I quite like the new Recent Threads format — my criticism of the format was in reference to some odd-looking large font sizes and broken table dimensions, but minutes after posting my concerns a new style was applied. I assume that the large-fonted thing I had seen was just something in the interim.

Oops, I did forget to mention that in order to view the new look correctly that you must refresh a couple of times so that Internet Explorer/Firefox/Opera downloaded the new style-sheet. If anyone else is seeing a larger than normal font, just hit refresh a couple of times and if worse comes to worst, clear your cache.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I've just made minor layout changes to the forum pages. Thread listings are now a little less crammed and I've applied a new font style, so you can see which threads you've read already.