I'm happy to announce that Canadian Content is upgrading it's complete network and therefore will be implementing brand new, faster, more stable and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Today, I purchased and installed a new Intel Dual Xeon Processor server with a capacity of network resources reaching over 4 times what we had before. This means that we're currently migrating especially resource intensive processes to the new server, but keeping the current services in place.. atleast for the time being. We're now working on a load-balancing system, and you should have noticed a very high increase in speed of Canadian Content over the past few hours.
We're still working on it, so its not yet at it's peak speed and there are of course going to be bugs to work out. However, for the time being, sit back and relax and enjoy the new flexibility. You may notice that actual posting and editing posts is much faster now.
Above all of that, this is a large dent in my pocket. No worries about that for now, but to help the site grow and increase the membership and popularity, I request users do something to help out. This is nothing financial, but just putting a good word out for Canadian Content. This can include:
- Telling your friends and family about the site and it's various sections.
- Submitting CC to web directories with similar listings. Forum directories would be a cool place to start.. but if you don't know of any, CC-Tech, CC, CC-Weather, CC-News, CC-Freeware, CC-Software, CC-Search http://www.canadiancontent.net/addbox.php , CC-Directory, CC-Country Profiles http://www.canadiancontent.net/profiles/ , CC-Mobility http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/mobile/ , all fit into their respecitve categories.
- Writing thumbs-up reviews of the site on places like Alexa http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?u...iancontent.net or StumbleUpon http://www.stumbleupon.com/url/www.canadiancontent.net/ or other reviewing sites would be great.
- Placing a signature with a link to CC in your profile in other forums that you are a member of. (Make sure the forum allows it).
- Linking to CC from your profiles on other sites.
- If you have a web site, why not add a link to CC?
- If you know of anybody who runs a Canadian site, ask them if they will add a link to CC from their site.
Any help on promoting the site is really appreciated.
Enjoy the new speeds I will!