BoD Announcement

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Board of Directors Retired

When the current Board was formed in December, it was decided that they would hold an election in about three months. That time has come. Before the election, we decided we needed to set out a clear mandate for the Board. What, exactly, are the duties of the elected body?

After a lot of discussion, we finally realized that there is little for a formal Board of Directors to do at this time. There have been some significant changes here at Canadian Content and those changes have altered the everyday workings of the entire forum.

The new moderators have taken a far more relaxed attitude in their duties and have made conflict resolution an priority. As such, we have banned exactly one person in the past three months for cause. That person did not challenge the ban.

Previously, people were being banned frequently and because the mods at that time were unable to agree among themselves about the bans, a Board of Directors was needed to mediate. That was their priority when elected.

We've all spent time thinking about what new duties the Board could take on, but there seems to be little for the group to do. It is impractical to hold an election to vote in a new group and then have nothing for them to work on.

The Board and admins have agreed that we will retire the Board of Directors for the time being. If we find we require their services, they've agreed to step back in and immediately call an election.

If a member has any suggestions for the forum in general, please post it in the Canadian Content.net Forum and either the mods or the admins will deal with it. If any member has a question or a problem, feel free to PM Haggis McBagpipe, #Juan, or Canucklehead (when he returns from his hiatus).

Having forum members go directly to the moderators still provides them with a way to voice any issues or concerns. Should someone be banned and wish to contest it, they are now to email me directly at sandy(@)canadiancontent.net (remove brackets from @). As admin, I will now be dealing with those sort of problems, should they arise.

It's a real tribute to the Board of Directors that they have basically worked themselves out of a job. They stepped up when things were in chaos around our forum and helped get everything back on track. The new mods have brought a calm and good humoured atmosphere to the forum and we've provided Wreck Beach for anyone who needs to sort out problems.

The staff and forum members here have been amazing in their ability to make Canadian Content such a great place to be. As admins, Andem and I are extremely proud of the way the forum has drawn together and become stronger after encountering some problems. Yer an incredible bunch!!!

Cosmo

Edit: Unstickied

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Thanks, Karra. :) The folks here are awesome.

Nice to see you finally tear yourself away from that game of yours! ;) We missed ya.

karra

Ranter
Jan 3, 2006
here, there, and everywher
Arrrgggghhhhh Cosmo - you have no idea how difficult that game is on 'veteran' level - but, I'm pleased to announce, I'm making progress and will soon save the western world - as we once knew it. . . .

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Re: RE: BoD Announcement

Cosmo said:
Nice to see you finally tear yourself away from that game of yours! ;) We missed ya.

Well, Cosmo, we do have to tell her, you know.

Karra, you see, you are the lone exception. We want you to keep being afraid - very afraid. :lol: :lol: Kidding! Please get on back in here more often and post. Coming from Boss Mod, that's actually an order. :D

I swear, when I am the Ruler of the Whole Internet (starting second Tuesday of next week, I'm going to ban all games so that it doesn't distract good members from their first duty: to post.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Well I'm glade we don't need it anymore... Just a hint to you admin and mod types Paradox has the aditude to make a good mod to the forum if you ever needed one.

Well thats my two cents on this.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Thank you for the kind words, Finder. And yes, I was considering putting my name into the suggestion box next time the Administration started poking around for a new Moderator. I think I would be a good person for the job! [hint, hint ;)]

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
If you could[PLEASE] ban all the Blizzard Diablo games,it would save me years of trying to beat the damn thing :cry: I have been trying since 2001.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Love that Link thingy!!!

Hope this is ok to post here..... Andem/Cosmo are forum GODS!!!

FiveParadox

If you moderate, you can only type in black!!! :p

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Wednesday's Child said:
Love that Link thingy!!!

Hope this is ok to post here..... Andem/Cosmo are forum GODS!!!

FiveParadox

If you moderate, you can only type in black!!! :p

yeah I'm surprised whenever he mentions my name it's not in ornge since I'm a professed member of the ndp. I guess I have to get a seat for that to happen. lol.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net

Cosmo said:
:lol: And here I thought my orange cloak was just because I was an admin! I'm an NDPer too, Finder ;)

yeah but you're still not as kewl as me. =-D

But I'm a card carrying member of the NDP... :D So is my wife, and my little Yorkie (Pepsi) would be too if only the NDP would allow dog's to join. :p

I think Paradox has everything colour coded. I know the political coding, but I've not cracked the other codes yet.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
Nope, Finder, you win. I just go vote then tell my conservative friends how I voted to watch them shake their heads in dismay. ;)

Awww ... Yorkie? We need pix in the Lounge pix thread!!

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Wednesday's Child said:
ITN

Who are you trying to kid....you are the Emporer of Nice Guys on forums!

Yes, I hate to bust ya, ITN, but WC is right, you are a sweetie, and can't help it. :D Nevertheless, to be on the safe side, I'll set aside a torture room reservation, just for you.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I cannot give away every secret as to my colour-coded posts, but I can tell you that Moderators have their names posted in green, and Administrators have their names posted in orange; in addition to these colours, if any, all users in my posts have their names in bold and italic, as well. :D

And to have your name highlighted in the colour of your political party depends on the context of the discussion! I usually reserve such colours for Members of Parliament, Senators, et cetera.

Haggis McBagpipe

Walks on Forum Water
Jun 11, 2004
Victoria, B.C.

FiveParadox said:
I cannot give away every secret as to my colour-coded posts, but I can tell you that Moderators have their names posted in green, and Administrators have their names posted in orange; in addition to these colours, if any, all users in my posts have their names in bold and italic, as well. :D

And to have your name highlighted in the colour of your political party depends on the context of the discussion! I usually reserve such colours for Members of Parliament, Senators, et cetera.

!!!!! :lol: Five, you are patently insane, you know that? Colourfully insane, but insane nevertheless. :D

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Haggis/Five

Five is posting in synaesthetic mode - he may have the colorful gift where he sees groups in color, or does it for artistic affect.

I see all numbers in color - it gets confusing at times and doesn't improve my math skills at all!

I know Five is sane - my own sanity is always in question!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia