Forum request.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to inquire about such matters, but is it possible to consider a forum to discuss History? Specifcially Canadian History, although I suppose all History discussions are appropriate.

I suppose Canadian Culture or any forum we could post a historical question..but anyways, im just tossing it out there for consideration.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Semperfi_dani said:
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to inquire about such matters, but is it possible to consider a forum to discuss History? Specifcially Canadian History, although I suppose all History discussions are appropriate.

I suppose Canadian Culture or any forum we could post a historical question..but anyways, im just tossing it out there for consideration.

It's definately a good idea, Semperfi.

It's on the list of new forums to add, for sure... We just have to be cautious of how quickly we add new forums. Reason being is people are scared off of they see a lot of empty forums.

Keep an eye out, a new history forum should open up soon!

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
I'd like to see more info on the War of 1812
and the French and Indian War. There's some
interesting stuff there between Canada and The States.

Also even some of the new history on Nunavaat.
Listening some 7 (?) years ago on Short Wave to CBC when the indians met on Baffin Island discussing whether the women
would have the right to vote was interesting.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Sure would be....I have been doing some historical reading on the net, and may be inclined to post some of it, if there is interest.

Cosmo

House Member
Jul 10, 2004
Victoria, BC
So if I add the section, y'all will post?? ;)

If so, I will do it tonight after everyone beds down for the night.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
missile said:
Our history is way too boring to comment on. :(

I think it's intersting. It may not be dramatic, but interesting.

But history in itself is pretty interesting...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Forum request.

cyberclark said:
It seems to me Canadians are defined by their outstanding lack of "Canadian: culture! We don't seem to have the necessary American arrogance or the British History to make the quantum leap.

I wouldn't leave the British out of the arrogance field....