Internittent DNS errors

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
... when I try to access this site today. And sometimes its just for an icon or two, other times the whole page gives me a DNS error. This site only. Is there an issue and is anybody else experiencing this?
 
gerryh
#2
nope....... not at all..... could be your provider.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

nope....... not at all..... could be your provider.

Why would Rogers have an issue with this site and this site only?
 
Sal
#4
I had issues today in some of the threads, pieces were missing here and there. Like where someone's avatar should have been I could see the background... or at the bottom of the page where the currently viewing piece is the white was missing and the black background was present.
 
Cliffy
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Why would Rogers have an issue with this site and this site only?

Were you thinking bad thoughts today? Negative energy can cause disruptions in the space/time continuum. Put on a happy face and the problem should melt away.
 
Andem
+1
#6
This is all very odd. I moved DNS hosting to the Amazon cloud, so it should be one of the most reliable DNS services.

I sure hope they aren't facing any DDoS attacks.

Let me know if this continues for another day.
 
JLM
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

... when I try to access this site today. And sometimes its just for an icon or two, other times the whole page gives me a DNS error. This site only. Is there an issue and is anybody else experiencing this?

WTF is a DNS error?
 
Nuggler
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

WTF is a DNS error?


Do not Solicit.......?

De New Stuff.........?

Some avatars; I can't see the pics............no biggy.

Couple days ago, couple pages froze up for a second or 3.............seem ok now.
 
Dexter Sinister
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

WTF is a DNS error?

Domain Name Services. Loosely speaking, it's the bit that translates human-readable names like forums.canadiancontent.net into addresses the computers understand. When it gets things wrong, your browser won't be able to find pages, or bits of pages, or follow links correctly.
 
JLM
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Domain Name Services. Loosely speaking, it's the bit that translates human-readable names like forums.canadiancontent.net into addresses the computers understand. When it gets things wrong, your browser won't be able to find pages, or bits of pages, or follow links correctly.

Thank you.
 

Similar Threads

2
US Leads In Medical ERRORS
by Ocean Breeze | Nov 3rd, 2005
no new posts