On The Verge Of Nuclear Meltdown Within ‘Few’ Hours

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Japan On The Verge Of Nuclear Meltdown Within ‘Few’ Hours

Japan On The Verge Of Nuclear Meltdown Within ‘Few’ Hours : Update: We have spoken to multiple experts who believe that even in the worse case scenario it would be highly unlikely that the radiation would be strong enough to extensively damage the west coast of the United States. That being said they could be completely wrong.
The Modern Survival Blog is reporting that a meltdown would cause radiation to reach the U.S. West Coast in 36 hours. No word on how powerful the radiation could be.

Reports are coming in that Japan is on the verge of nuclear meltdown. Multiple nuclear power plants have reported major problems that could possibly lead to a Chernobyl type event.
Fox News is currently running a story with an absolutely stunning headline.
“Japan Officials Fear Possible Nuclear Meltdowns at Plants”
“Japan declared states of emergency for five nuclear reactors at two power plants a

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The plants are going to melt down, and the environmentalists are having a melt down.
Fear is such a wonderful thing, all kinds of health food and equipment being sold to
save us from the creation we invented that is going to destroy us.
This happened because people wanted to save money and didn't go to the extreme
with safe precautions. When all is said and done Japan will get the worst of it and
the rest of the world will forget within the next 90 days or so. When all is said and done
most of the fear will be just that the threat of fear and we will all move on to something
else.
Yes I feel for the people of Japan, but they like us never asked enough of those what if
questions and let the powers that be do what ever the hell they liked. Now they are going
to pay for generations. I think instead of fear we should start asking all kinds of questions
here at home about the safety of a lot of things. It is far better to be informed than afraid
of our shadow about everything.
Nuke power handled properly is far safer than damming rivers and streams actually.
it is safer from a health standpoint than using fossil fuels, such as oil and coal.
When disaster strikes it is a lot more serious, so we have to make sure we get it right,
not done cheap.
This is a disaster because we as humans failed to make it safe not because the power
source is more dangerous. All of us should keep that in mind.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
'Multiple nuclear power plants', that is something new. That high reading near another plant (halfway between Tokyo and the 6 reactor plant) was detected a few days ago. Stuxnet is a theory that is making the rounds, not so much to do with the shutdown going wrong, it is the starting up again that is the issue, the valves have suffered overwrites/deletions during what would be a full scale emergency shutdown. The EPROMS would need to be re-flashed and that cannot be done with it being already disabled.

Perhaps that same thing was responsible for New Mexico being without NG after the lines were temporarily shut down. From an article I raed the whole pump(s) has to be replaced and nobody said if it was a Siemens valve or not.

The good news is there is no danger of a nuclear explosion, the bad news is they could be letting off radiation for years. Not a good week to have a chinook appear.

If 3ft of snow disappears overnight and no run-off can I begin to get concerned?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
This happened because people wanted to save money and didn't go to the extreme
with safe precautions.
Hopefully they are already making sure the diesel backup gen-sets are water-proofed and the fuel tanks are secured from rushing water, deep fast rushing water. Outside hookups for jury-rigged cooling (truck mounted pumps and radiators)

Barring that why not make them an underwater only structure. I would suggest the bottom of a trench but there is probably lots of movement there, explosions and airborne radiation would cease to be a problem, so would any salvage operation. A new marker for 200T sandbags would spring up and raw tarsands could supply the waterproof cap, they also come in 200T blocks but they can be melted on site at just the seams. Above ground it might even be better than concrete as it can be poured the same as concrete when it is at a certain temp and it hardens very quickly compared to to lime. Dumped onto something very hot it should almost flow into all the various nooks and carnies, even to the point of turning to ash which would act as as insulator.

If that is two plant sites then there are 15 more(???) that also have to watched. (or is that 17 total reactors in Japan)

Stuxnet,,,,,,,,,,I wonder what's going on in Germany.

It's one thing to not want to play war anymore, quite another to turn all the lights off at home at the same time. During a normal/routine shutdown the program might not be triggered, only when the program that runs once the 'big red button' is pushed. Israel could prove they had no part by doing an emergency shut-down on their power-station. If all the pumps start up normally I will stand corrected. Iran only found it by running a 'non-scheduled' disaster program.

I hope people know how to use a pressure cooker type device to get distilled water.

In the early days of automobiles they came with an oil-bath air cleaner. If one of those was hooked up to the cold air intake of a furnace/fan and you had the right combination of oil/temp/depth. to clean the incoming air then as long as the fan was running the house would be pressurised just a bit so sealing all the various cracks around the doors and windows is a waste of time, and impossible when looking a something measured in microns. I'm lucky if I can keep an ant out.

Apartment dwellers (with no forced air) can still use a ventilation type fan to the same type of cleaner as no huge volumes of fresh air are needed to keep it slightly above the outside air-pressure.

Last edited:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's one thing to not want to play war anymore, quite another to turn all the lights off at home at the same time. During a normal/routine shutdown the program might not be triggered, only when the program that runs once the 'big red button' is pushed. Israel could prove they had no part by doing an emergency shut-down on their power-station. If all the pumps start up normally I will stand corrected. Iran only found it by running a 'non-scheduled' disaster program.
Yep, it's those big bad Joos again...

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Oh No...we're all gonna die.

Better run out and buy all that stuff the media is telling us to...you know, the media that has the same owners as the companies that make all the stuff we should buy. The same media that swore blind there were WMD in Iraq. The same media that keeps telling us we should fear everything and everyone except for them and their masters.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Only if you drink the Kool Aid.

Better run out and buy all that stuff the media is telling us to...you know, the media that has the same owners as the companies that make all the stuff we should buy.
Like who?

The same media that swore blind there were WMD in Iraq.
Then turned around and broke the news that there were none, once they realized they were lied to.

The same media that keeps telling us we should fear everything and everyone except for them and their masters.
Like who?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
They are the ones claiming to have sent the virus to Iran in the first place. I can give you a few links to some vids of the water coming in. One had the power-plant showing lots of smoke about the time the 3rd surge comes in. Just to show I can/will bash the other partner in stuxnet compare the sound of the people on the background when just a few feet away from incoming water to 911 shots when people are many blocks away. I'm leaning to the Japanese being the more mature of the two from the audio background noises.

That has nothing to do with religion or nationality, nobody but themselves is claiming they manufactured it.. Shirley you should know by now Joos is spelled Jews, so welcome to the 'tard-corner'. At least I know when I belong here (Insert random capalized letters that may mean something on the insult side of life) TFSUYNSIP

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Lets start with our buddies Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch who have such close ties with the Us leadership they attend all the Billderberg group meetings. You know, the group that owns 75% of all the corporations in the western world.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

Better run out and buy all that stuff the media is telling us to...you know, the media that has the same owners as the companies that make all the stuff we should buy. The same media that swore blind there were WMD in Iraq. The same media that keeps telling us we should fear everything and everyone except for them and their masters.
Walmart is going to have to open up a glow-in-the-dark isle.

Lets start with our buddies Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch who have such close ties with the Us leadership they attend all the Billderberg group meetings. You know, the group that owns 75% of all the corporations in the western world.
Assuming everything in Japan is 'on the level' do they have something like a 'quick reaction force' to handle events such as Japan where it is at a point that control is only something that can be desired rather than a case of where there is a will there is a way.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
They are the ones claiming to have sent the virus to Iran in the first place.

That has nothing to do with religion or nationality, nobody but themselves is claiming they manufactured it..
I can find claims that blame Israel, but nothing from Israel, saying they did it.

But go on blaming the Joos!
Shirley you should know by now Joos is spelled Jews, so welcome to the 'tard-corner'.
Since you keep spelling surely wrong, you get to keep your tard corner to yourself.

At least I know when I belong here (Insert random capalized letters that may mean something on the insult side of life) TFSUYNSIP
[/QUOTE]Of course you do, you're always there. Duh!

Lets start with our buddies Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch who have such close ties with the Us leadership they attend all the Billderberg group meetings.
So did my Mom when she was VP of Communications with the CIBC. She scares the hell out of me, with all that conspiracy plotting material in her basement.

You know, the group that owns 75% of all the corporations in the western world.
You know, the group that conspiracy nutters know less then nothing about.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I really don't know what they can do if there is a major meltdown. In Chernobyl they covered the whole core with sand and concrete but we all know how well that worked. I am not even sure if robotic equipment would work if the radiation level got to high, it might interfere with communication to the robots.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Here is darkbeaver, once again predicting the most horrible things possible.

What is his "batting average" so far? About 1000 predictions, and not one has come true yet.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I really don't know what they can do if there is a major meltdown. In Chernobyl they covered the whole core with sand and concrete but we all know how well that worked. I am not even sure if robotic equipment would work if the radiation level got to high, it might interfere with communication to the robots.
The types of cranes that move log-decks at pulp mills could be remotely operated and they have a big payload per lift.

Here is darkbeaver, once again predicting the most horrible things possible.

What is his "batting average" so far? About 1000 predictions, and not one has come true yet.
What is the score for GE( and whoever) being able to cover all the possibilities to prevent meltdown? The very first defense failed, power backup that was more than just the batteries.

Since you keep spelling surely wrong, you get to keep your tard corner to yourself.
That's what I call you when you are being a tad gay. That is not any protection from being a tard.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That's what I call you when you are being a tad gay.
Really? That's all you have a silly childish weaponization of the word gay?

Really?

How pathetically weak, you earn that tard corner perpetually.

That is not any protection from being a tard.
Neither is being inbred, but here you are.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
So did my Mom when she was VP of Communications with the CIBC. She scares the hell out of me, with all that conspiracy plotting material in her basement.

So she is bad on 3 counts then...attends Billderberg group meetings, works for one of the biggest tax cheats in Canada, and raised you.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
At least this is the bottom floor for a thread that will last for years. If memory serves me correct a little SARS was a big deal when it came to Canada, how well would we cope with two quakes on two shores?
Japan encounters more obstacles in nuclear crisis | The Tennessean | tennessean.com
(in part)

A top TEPCO official acknowledged it could take a long time to clean up the complex.
“We cannot say at this time how many months or years it will take,” Muto said, insisting the main goal now is to keep the reactors cool.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So she is bad on 3 counts then...attends Billderberg group meetings, works for one of the biggest tax cheats in Canada, and raised you.
Oh she's bad alright, but not for anything you've babbled.

1, Until someone shows me some evidence, the Billderberg Group, isn't the scary monster you nutters think it is.
2, Worked for, past tense. And without some form of proof, just more of your silly hot air.
3, I was raised by my paternal Grandparents, both traditional Natives, my Grandfather being a CWO in the Canadian Armed Forces, who tought me to think clearly, critically, linearly, which prevents me from following in your footsteps.

Nice try though.

Now, lets get back to you blaming all the worlds woes on rich people, and your ever funny fear mongering.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The reactors are simply in various stages of disrepair and in need of renovation.