Keystone Pipeline Project - The Bitumen Super Highway.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
1.1 Million BBL CDN OIL Per Day

Keystone Pipeline Project

The U.S. $12 billion Keystone pipeline system will play an important role in linking a secure and growing supply of Canadian crude oil with the largest refining markets in the United States, significantly improving North American security supply.

On June 30, 2010, TransCanada commenced commercial operation of the first phase of the Keystone Pipeline System. Keystone's first phase was highlighted by the conversion of natural gas pipeline to crude oil pipeline and construction of an innovative bullet line that brings the crude oil non-stop from Canada to market hubs in the U.S. Midwest.

Keystone Cushing (Phase II) is an extension of the Keystone Pipeline from Steele City, Nebraska to Cushing, Oklahoma. The 36-inch pipeline is currently under construction and will connect to storage and distribution facilities at Cushing, a major crude oil marketing/refining and pipeline hub.

The proposed Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion Project is an approximate 2,673-kilometre (1,661-mile), 36-inch crude oil pipeline that would begin at Hardisty, Alberta and extend southeast through Saskatchewan, Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska. It would incorporate a portion of the Keystone Pipeline (Phase II) through Nebraska and Kansas to serve markets at Cushing, Oklahoma before continuing through Oklahoma to a delivery point near existing terminals in Nederland, Texas to serve the Port Arthur, Texas marketplace.

TransCanada The Keystone Connection - Preview

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Oil drives our economy from food to air travel whether we like it or not. The oil sands are too valuable to ignore or squander. Tar sands make Canada #2 in oil reserves after Saudi Arabia. The increased production has to go somewhere.

Current extraction methods while profitable, remain overly destructive and inefficient. Canada must intensify research to improve extraction technologies and improve how we use it.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It's all done but the crying. See my thread on http://forums.canadiancontent.net/b...peline-project-bitumen-super.html#post1387208

Another year and a half and CO-OP Regina will be on the pipes with even more upgraded heavy crude to send to Chicago and Minneapolis and beyond.

It's time we upped the well head royalties?

My water bill is going up 20% because they need the water at the upgrader.

Don't do it on a royalty basis - you can save that bullet for later if you need it.... Invoke a Pipeline Environmental Sustainability Fund on a per bbl basis... Charge the Texas refinery and use the money for any legal actions as well as R&D

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Don't do it on a royalty basis - you can save that bullet for later if you need it.... Invoke a Pipeline Environmental Sustainability Fund on a per bbl basis... Charge the Texas refinery and use the money for any legal actions as well as R&D
Those Texan refineries are outdated and are designed for sweet they are going to choke.

Watch the promo film. They have yet to hit an enviro or even native land claim snag.

Keep in mind this and ethanol have all been on Harper's watch and the pipeline hits every Conservative riding along the way.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
No Doubt.. A lot of them were built 50+ years ago for an entirely different purpose. Obama knows this and is (likely) of the belief that the oil companies will inject huge investment into the sector and region. My point is that if there are a handful of people that want to scuttle the project; do it in Canada and get those investment dollars rolling here.

Me thinks that even a hint of a refinery project being developed in Western Canada will see that the permits and easements in Texas will approved so fast that it's make Forest Ethics and Sierra Club sh*t their pants in perpetuity

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Me thinks that even a hint of a refinery project being developed in Western Canada will see that the permits and easements in Texas will approved so fast that it's make Forest Ethics and Sierra Club sh*t their pants in perpetuity
North Battleford would be ideal for another CDN refinery.

Bottom line though AB and SK need to up their cut of the profits.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
I could not comment directly on the location, but the econ benefits would be huge for any community in Southern Sask... Hell the oil companies could easily design a facility that you be expanded and capture all of the bitumen refining business for the N.E. US as well. North Battleford would be the hub for all CDN production headed to the Southern markets.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yuuuup. Sure is a big increase in facility capacity for a world that is dieing from over consumption isn't there?

I see Detroit is getting a CDN heavy crude upgrader too. Tulsa. Pt Arthur & Freeport TX. Elk Pt SD, Whiting, Indiana

I see Canada becoming the #1 US source very rapidly.

The rush is on for Greenland's resources. I hope that pesky ice melts quicker so I can drill for gold.

Greenland’s Inuit Premier defends oil and gas drilling - The Globe and Mail

Oil find fuels hopes for independence in Greenland - The Globe and Mail

Heavy oil upgrader construction in Canada:

North West Upgrader ExpansionNorth West Upgrading Inc.Canada Sturgeon County
Sturgeon Upgrader New ConstructionFort Hills Energy Limited Partnership CanadaSturgeon County
Total Upgrader New ConstructionTotal E&P Canada Ltd.CanadaEdmonton
Voyageur Upgrader ExpansionSuncor EnergyCanadaFort McMurray

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Tried to tell the D-tractors, Trump would deal
they need canada
sure puts the lie to some of his detractors' worst fears
which is their second worst fears
:)

it's also going to force Canadians to find a reasonable facsimile of a real leader in the next federal elections just to keep up

1.1 Million BBL CDN OIL Per Day

Keystone Pipeline Project

The U.S. $12 billion Keystone pipeline system will play an important role in linking a secure and growing supply of Canadian crude oil with the largest refining markets in the United States, significantly improving North American security supply.

On June 30, 2010, TransCanada commenced commercial operation of the first phase of the Keystone Pipeline System. Keystone's first phase was highlighted by the conversion of natural gas pipeline to crude oil pipeline and construction of an innovative bullet line that brings the crude oil non-stop from Canada to market hubs in the U.S. Midwest.

Keystone Cushing (Phase II) is an extension of the Keystone Pipeline from Steele City, Nebraska to Cushing, Oklahoma. The 36-inch pipeline is currently under construction and will connect to storage and distribution facilities at Cushing, a major crude oil marketing/refining and pipeline hub.

The proposed Keystone Gulf Coast Expansion Project is an approximate 2,673-kilometre (1,661-mile), 36-inch crude oil pipeline that would begin at Hardisty, Alberta and extend southeast through Saskatchewan, Montana, South Dakota and Nebraska. It would incorporate a portion of the Keystone Pipeline (Phase II) through Nebraska and Kansas to serve markets at Cushing, Oklahoma before continuing through Oklahoma to a delivery point near existing terminals in Nederland, Texas to serve the Port Arthur, Texas marketplace.

TransCanada The Keystone Connection - Preview
@petros
..and yeah petros, you did call that one correctly
kudos