Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix Cheated Me

Newbie2010

Dec 14, 2010
Good luck returning anything to a Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix. You’re in for a fight. They act like their lives depend on keeping you from getting a refund. It’s insane - they have no idea how much money they lose from treating customers this way. And besides, at Jean Coutu in Quebec or London Drugs in the rest of Canada, you get almost every item for at least a couple of dollars less and without the crappy attitude. I can’t figure out why anyone would shop at Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
Whenever I need to get a prescription filled, I go to Shoppers since it is almost next door to me, and every time they screw it up. What a bunch of incompetents.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Whenever I need to get a prescription filled, I go to Shoppers since it is almost next door to me, and every time they screw it up. What a bunch of incompetents.
Why do you keep on going back?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
You know, Goober, Albert Einstein said once something to the effect that the sure sign of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Hopefully some day Risus's prescriptions will be filled properly and Newbie2010's returns will be honoured.

Newbie2010

Dec 14, 2010
I can’t figure out why anyone shops at Pharmaprix (the Quebec branch of Shoppers Drug Mart). Almost everything in the store costs at least a couple of dollars more than competing pharmacies. They don’t honour the promotions in their flyers (no rain checks, screw you if there’s none left). And they don’t honour their own return policies – if I want “all sales final,” I’ll shop at the dollar store. And their cashiers have a nasty attitude. Pharmaprix really sucks. It should be pronounced “Farmapricks” because they really are a bunch of pricks, in my experience.

Newbie2010

Dec 14, 2010
I no longer take my prescriptions there, and I've told the Shoppers Drug Mart head office that they have lost about a thousand bucks a year to a competing pharmacy from this customer alone. Shareholders take note.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I use Shopper's Drug Mart all the time. My prescriptions are filled promptly and properly. But I also recognize that their pharmacists are individuals, as are their managers, etc. I have certain ones in the city I like, certain ones I don't as much.