Wouldn't it be nice...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bill Gates personal fortune increased by 18 billion last year. The $18 billion works out to $49.5 million a day, seven days a week, or $2.1 million per hour, 24 hours a day, $35,000 per minute, or $583 a second. These are terms that anyone will recognize as a mite larger than the numbers on one's own pay stub. Now let's calculate a new ratio: average annual income in the populace to the increase in the rich one's net worth in one year. Take Gates this past year and Rockefeller in 1892, compare each with his contemporaries, and it turns out that the gap between Mr. Wealthy and Mr. and Ms. Average is 311 times as great in the Age of Gates as it was in the Age of Rockefeller. In other words, your instincts were correct. Even in historical context, Bill Gates is the richest American who ever lived.

I wonder if he gets any overtime when he works late?:p

MrRight

Nominee Member
Jun 23, 2009
doesnt his house have the first under water sound system with about a few miles of cable running through it?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
doesnt his house have the first under water sound system with about a few miles of cable running through it?

With the kind of money and influence Gates has, he could guard the perimeter of his land with nuclear tipped Nikes if he wanted.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
They say money is the root of all evil and money changes you.

Your money will change your friends around you because they will want your money and would probably kill you if you don’t give it to them.

Bill Gates started his computer business in his garage while going to university but when he developed his windows operating system software that used a point and click system that’s when his business took off.

This program dramatically simplified the operation of a computer.

There was a lot of demand for his product and when the computer manufacturers came to him to pre-install it into their computers he simply gave them a deal that catapulted him to the billionaire status.

He simply said that if you want my products then you have to install it in all your computers and I will sell it to you at a cheaper rate, which shut out all his competition.

It usually takes a simple decision to fix a complex problem.

It’s too bad the boys on Bay Street, Canada’s financial district can’t understand this concept.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Bill Gates personal fortune increased by 18 billion last year. The $18 billion works out to $49.5 million a day, seven days a week, or $2.1 million per hour, 24 hours a day, $35,000 per minute, or $583 a second. These are terms that anyone will recognize as a mite larger than the numbers on one's own pay stub. Now let's calculate a new ratio: average annual income in the populace to the increase in the rich one's net worth in one year. Take Gates this past year and Rockefeller in 1892, compare each with his contemporaries, and it turns out that the gap between Mr. Wealthy and Mr. and Ms. Average is 311 times as great in the Age of Gates as it was in the Age of Rockefeller. In other words, your instincts were correct. Even in historical context, Bill Gates is the richest American who ever lived.

I wonder if he gets any overtime when he works late?:p

That's a heavy burden to carry through life, imagine the relief to get it off his back.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
How does one become the richest man by producing inferior products? If GM and Chrysler are going broke for that reason, why is Bill Gates still raking it in?

I bet Bill uses a Mac.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That's a heavy burden to carry through life, imagine the relief to get it off his back.

Ain't that the truth. Imagine having to find a place or places to put $49 million every damn week. And remember, we are only talking about a part of his money. I believe his personal wealth is four or five times the number we've been talking about.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Of course I could hire people to take care of it, but could I trust them, no, I'd have to hire more people to manage the first lot and who would supervise them? I would have to work all day watching my money grow and the work load along with it. I would never be off the phone, the office would be a madhouse and when would I sleep what with the Chinese investments begging attention all night. No sir I've given a lot of thought to this problem over the years and I'm firm in my resolve to by a small boat and drink the first million before the money ruins my life.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Imagine what Bill Gates goes through. The poor bastard probably doesn't know which way to turn. I could probably take a million or two off his hands and do some free research on how to handle this kind of problem as a purely unselfish gesture toward the betterment of mankind.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
Imagine what Bill Gates goes through. The poor bastard probably doesn't know which way to turn. I could probably take a million or two off his hands and do some free research on how to handle this kind of problem as a purely unselfish gesture toward the betterment of mankind.

It is a noble idea, it's time has come, make the call.