More of our tax dollars "at work"

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
"Navistar spokesperson Ray Wiley said the trucks couldn't be built in Chatham.
Wiley challenged Chernecki's assertion the line could accommodate the medium-duty trucks.
"The Chatham plant builds heavy-duty trucks; these are much smaller trucks ... that wouldn't fit on the assembly line," he said from Warrenville, Ill."

If you're going to criticize politicians, at least try and criticize them for the right reasons. Otherwise, you just look like an ideologue.

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
The Star is hardly an impartial newspaper. Expecting a plant to re-tool to fill an order takes a lot of time. Had the vertical hold not been shot on someone's crystal ball maybe Chatham plan could have been readied to fill the order. But it seems to me that it would be like asking Bombardier to deliver Sikorsky helicopters in 15 months.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
The discussion is not about the Star being impartial or not. It's very lefty as we know, or, as you would say, fascist.

But, you are most likely right (correct that is), again.

Silly me.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Being as I work at said plant(as a Security Guard), I have to agree that there is no way the trucks could be built here. They build large trucks, and the cost to retro-fit everything would probably not be worth the gains. Plus, the time-constraints also makes it unfeasible.

I would have loved to have had them being built here, but it is just not possible.:-(

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
Being as I work at said plant(as a Security Guard), I have to agree that there is no way the trucks could be built here. They build large trucks, and the cost to retro-fit everything would probably not be worth the gains. Plus, the time-constraints also makes it unfeasible.

I would have loved to have had them being built here, but it is just not possible.:-(

So, it's a bunch of verbiage then. Just talking points. I wasn't aware of the fact they'd have to refit.

The "Star" does let politics get in the way of good reporting by times. Not to their credit.

I should have read the National Post and got the true picture.........:lol:

Aw welllllll.:tard: