Endless oil

Scooby
Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

Judging by the fluctuating price and the continual improvement in technology to get the oil to market I declare that the World will never run out of the black gold.

I declare that you will be dust before it happens, so it really should not concern you.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoobyView Post

I declare that you will be dust before it happens, so it really should not concern you.

Before turning to dust all his lipids will pool in his box creating more oil.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

L

Who do you think created the CO2 boogieman and is getting suckers like you to support them in funding the application of alleged patents?

Less than half of oil consumed is burned. Using less and less for combustion tremendously increases profit earned per bbl.

They even have a plan for ensuring the planet will see an increase in temperatures.

SO2 emissions do the opposite of CO2 emissions. SO2 cools the planet.

Rapidly cutting coal and oil emissions also drastically reduces SO2 and the global temps will rise. There is no denying this.

After consumers have paid for the conversion of coal and oil to nearly SO2 free, dirt cheap, infinite supply natural gas, the temporary warming will level off and oil companies will made out to be heroes that saved us all from certain death and destruction.

Your reclusive, dope growing and nonproductive consumer lifestyle empowers them to pull off the greatest fraud in human history.

The Internet consumes 10% of the world's energy.

If he was as smart as you and I and understand all of this, he woundnt have to justify his action like he has, he would be out making top money and enjoying life. Cliffy is coping with his stupidity and his inabliity to compete agains other smarter humans by blaming it all on the smart people, who are not smarter then him, they are "evil". Because they won't let him win

It's the sore loser cope out attitude, of if I can't win I'll be a burden to the whole game.

petros
What makes it worse for him is its not even his ball. He can't take it home so others can't play. He is powerless.

Angstrom

What makes it worse for him is its not even his ball. He can't take it home so others can't play. He is powerless.

And his only chance would be if he was a violent type, and create a forced revolution, but they have effectively brain washed him into a total pacifist *****.

Effectivly making him completely harmless.

What a waist of a life. Must be depressing to be him

petros
Of course he is depressed, he is self-repressed. He believes in the boogieman.

Angstrom

Of course he is depressed, he is self-repressed. He believes in the boogieman.

He dose spend a lot of time justifying how everything is everyone's else fault but his own.

darkbeaver
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Progressive taxation ensures that the entitlement crowd always gets their free slice of the pie from those that actually produce

While I understand your position you should remember that you need the entitled to engage in currency circulation, velocity of money is what makes it works, a static horde is not an engaged working thing.

These carriers are not entitled to keep the money but only to carry the money from one transaction to the next to fasilitate clipping and shaving, (fees) if you don't support thier vital work your stash cannot grow as it should.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

While I understand your position you should remember that you need the entitled to engage in currency circulation, velocity of money is what makes it works, a static horde is not an engaged working thing.

These carriers are not entitled to keep the money but only to carry the money from one transaction to the next to fasilitate clipping and shaving, (fees) if you don't support thier vital work your stash cannot grow as it should.

The entitled are like monopoly players that have been knocked out of the game by other players that have established monopolies. Effectively destroying the functionality of the economic game.

Capitalism stops working once only 1 player has monopolized the whole world and has bankrupted everyone.

We can invent systems like loans, to help people pretend they are able to play, but let's not fool ourselves, We are getting closer to the later part of the game.

captain morgan

Your description is exactly what makes the notion of 'hoarding money' a non-starter from the get-go

Nick Danger

Less than half of oil consumed is burned.

I question the accuracy of that statement. Everything I've read says more like 3/4 of the oil produced is burned for fuel of one type or another, be it transportation, heating or power generation.

captain morgan
Chemicals, plastics, lubricants and raw materials in a number of forms

Angstrom
One of the big limitation back in the 1960 on electric cars was the weight. We now solved with plastics. Handy stuff this oil recourse

darkbeaver
+2

Your description is exactly what makes the notion of 'hoarding money' a non-starter from the get-go

How many of us have digital bank hoards and still rest at night sure of the solidity of thier imaginary stash? One stroke and it's gone.
We already begin to see the terrible mistake in faith based economics.

Angstrom

How many of us have digital bank hoards and still rest at night sure of the solidity of thier imaginary stash? One stroke and it's gone.
We already begin to see the terrible mistake in faith based economics.

Not with corporate identity's whose soul purpose in this world is gaining as much wealth for itself and its share holders. Creating in the process a real demand and consequently, real value for IOU's.

It's the demand that is real. Not the faith.
If demand falls, so will value.

darkbeaver
+1
There's a flaw in your soup, isn't there?

Nick Danger

I understand that the uses of fossil fuels are myriad, however I don't agree that those uses outnumber the uses that involve burning them. Not by a long shot. Everything I've read says more like 3 out of 4 barrels produced will be burnt. Walter may well be right that our supply of oil will last for centuries to come, but that will be after we stop burning the stuff.

darkbeaver
Our supply of hydro carbons is not constrained to this planet, that's right HC has ongoing alien off world origins. Very much similar to sunlight.

Retired_Can_Soldier
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Really Walter, a red one for THAT? For saying you're RIGHT and just adding a somewhat different perspective? WTF is wrong with you?

He's an idiot. -1

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1

When petroleum eventually runs out, that is what we'll really miss ... all of the materials that we derive from it. Burning the stuff is almost criminal.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

He's an idiot. -1

You're being kind, with that over simplification of what seems to be deep seated anti- social attitude, I think. I've often wondered if Walter might not have a substance abuse problem. Over indulgence in chocolate or pasta perhaps.

Angstrom
+1
Let's all consider the consequences of "what if oil never was a resource on earth."

We all would still be living in dirt huts like Native Americans, and cliffy.

Ludlow
+1 / -1
Walter is a Limbutt sniffer. No thoughts of his own apart from the fat slob radio talk show host.

Walter
So many threads turn into ad hominem attacks. I'm just glad that my progeny will have lots of oil to power their affluence.

Curious Cdn
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

When petroleum eventually runs out, that is what we'll really miss ... all of the materials that we derive from it. Burning the stuff is almost criminal.

...and Walter gave that post a "thumbs down". What a dimwit.

Quote: Originally Posted by WalterView Post

So many threads turn into ad hominem attacks. I'm just glad that my progeny will have lots of oil to power their affluence.

Your progeny might just be run out of town on a rail, if they're anything like you.

EagleSmack
+1
Sweet Crude!

Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

...and Walter gave that post a "thumbs down". What a dimwit.

pffft.... BANNED

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Sweet Crude!

I think I dated her. And yes, she was. Both.

EagleSmack
Wild as a mink and sweet as soda pop

EagleSmack

captain morgan
+1
Perfect timing for cheap gas.... Got all kinds of excuses to put down the top and get that 396 thumping and burning the tires.

no new posts