The World's Billionaires Have Doubled Their Wealth Since 2009

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Just In Case You Didn't Hate Them Already.

The Billionaire Census, jointly compiled by Swiss financial company UBS and Singapore-based firm Wealth-X, is a comprehensive survey of the world's ultrarich -- essentially a thumbnail view of their interests, assets and social networks. The report's findings are equal parts predictable (billionaires love yachts!) and intriguing (women are richer). As of 2013, there are 2,170 billionaires enjoying a collective fortune of $6.5 trillion. Over the past five years, they've increased in number by 60 percent, their combined wealth has doubled and they're more liquid than ever.

Just over the past year, billionaire wealth has increased in every region of the world, as depicted by the map below, with the biggest gains in Asia. Europe was the only region to lose billionaires (29, to be exact), but it still boasts among the richest in the world. What's more: The global population is still growing -- expected to reach 3.900 by the year 2020.

haters gonna

The World's Billionaires Have Doubled Their Wealth Since 2009. Just In Case You Didn't Hate Them Already. | FP Passport

Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2013

h/t bcf

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Before I was only a little jealous. Now I'm green with envy. Well sort of. My wealth has at least doubled in that timeframe as well. Just not that many zeros on the left of the decimal point.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I've had more blowjobs in the past 2 years than the whole of the 80's.

True story.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Ya and we're focussed on the pensions of a few politicians and Obama Care
while the big guys steal everything that isn't nailed down. People out ther
playing the latest games on machines and the good ole XBox and one day it
will come to an end. Depression and recession will set in and our young folks
will go fight for their stock price again, on some battlefield.
There is a hell of a day of reckoning coming not right yet but its coming.
When international societies wake up from the slumber and demand change.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
They have a Billionair Census? Are you ****ing kidding me?8O

True story.

The 80's was a sad decade for you wasn't it?

Or the last 2 years have nearly killed you. One or the other.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Yep, it's the wealthy that creat the jobs that pay taxes.
You don't see losers creating jobs!!

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Thou Shalt Not Covet.

Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God.

God gives some people wealth, possessions and honor, so that they lack nothing their hearts desire, but God does not grant them the ability to enjoy them, and strangers enjoy them instead.

Mind your own selves and let the billionaires be.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I am not against people making money and I am not hostile to profit.
I am opposed the excessive profit margins that allowed people to make
unearned profit there is a difference.
Like it or not, Canadians will not escape the day of reckoning, the world
will be confronted with the day of reckoning and the reason is the insane
profit margins and encouragement of debt is worldwide and will drag
everyone downs. Why do you think the governments are spying on the
citizens? The reason? When the crap hits the fan, unrest will be a mild
term for what we are going to go through.

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Like it or not, Canadians will not escape the day of reckoning, the world
will be confronted with the day of reckoning and the reason is the insane
profit margins and encouragement of debt is worldwide and will drag
everyone downs. Why do you think the governments are spying on the
citizens? The reason? When the crap hits the fan, unrest will be a mild
term for what we are going to go through.
Well Said Grumpy.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Thou Shalt Not Covet.

Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil—this is a gift of God.

God gives some people wealth, possessions and honor, so that they lack nothing their hearts desire, but God does not grant them the ability to enjoy them, and strangers enjoy them instead.

Mind your own selves and let the billionaires be.

If it's the Bible you're referring to it requires to them sell what they have, give it to the poor, and if they don't a camel will fit through the eye of a needle before they ever reach some heavenly paradise.

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
If it's the Bible you're referring to it requires to them sell what they have, give it to the poor, and if they don't a camel will fit through the eye of a needle before they ever reach some heavenly paradise.
Don't confuse salvation by faith with good works. By faith ye are saved.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Actually, the rich man loved his money more than anything, that is why he was asked to get rid of all of it; it was not a command for everyone to get rid of their money. In other words, "You shall not have any other gods before Me".

Last edited:

cj44

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2013
Actually, the rich man loved his money more than anything , that is why he was asked to get rid of all of it; it was not a command for everyone to get rid of their money. In other words, "You shall not have any other gods before Me".
Precisely!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

True story.

Wealth comes in so many forms

Ya and we're focussed on the pensions of a few politicians and Obama Care
while the big guys steal everything that isn't nailed down.

Steal?... Really, that's the over generalization that you're going to apply to this situation?

People out ther
playing the latest games on machines and the good ole XBox and one day it
will come to an end.

Interesting comment... Makes me wonder if those that amassed, held and managed that wealth were wasting 7-8 hours each day playing Xbox... Maybe they were, but I'm guessing that they were playing the games/system that they developed and are selling for hundreds of dollars to millions of homes each year.

You starting to see the difference here?

Begs the question: 'Who' will sit in judgement of how much is too much.

There's a helluva lot of new entrants into the workforce that might feel that an orchard farmer makes far too much money and holds too much wealth in the land base for their comfort... Maybe it's time that we nationalize all farms to even the equation, eh?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Just In Case You Didn't Hate Them Already.

The Billionaire Census, jointly compiled by Swiss financial company UBS and Singapore-based firm Wealth-X, is a comprehensive survey of the world's ultrarich -- essentially a thumbnail view of their interests, assets and social networks. The report's findings are equal parts predictable (billionaires love yachts!) and intriguing (women are richer). As of 2013, there are 2,170 billionaires enjoying a collective fortune of $6.5 trillion. Over the past five years, they've increased in number by 60 percent, their combined wealth has doubled and they're more liquid than ever.

Just over the past year, billionaire wealth has increased in every region of the world, as depicted by the map below, with the biggest gains in Asia. Europe was the only region to lose billionaires (29, to be exact), but it still boasts among the richest in the world. What's more: The global population is still growing -- expected to reach 3.900 by the year 2020.

If these people are greedy and hording all the wealth , why have they allowed their numbers to increase by 60 % over 5 years ?

haters gonna

The World's Billionaires Have Doubled Their Wealth Since 2009. Just In Case You Didn't Hate Them Already. | FP Passport

Wealth-X and UBS Billionaire Census 2013

h/t bcf
xxxxx

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
It's always good to see the rich getting richer.

The world needs more of these people and less of the Daily Mirror set.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Wealth comes in so many forms

Steal?... Really, that's the over generalization that you're going to apply to this situation?

Interesting comment... Makes me wonder if those that amassed, held and managed that wealth were wasting 7-8 hours each day playing Xbox... Maybe they were, but I'm guessing that they were playing the games/system that they developed and are selling for hundreds of dollars to millions of homes each year.

You starting to see the difference here?

Begs the question: 'Who' will sit in judgement of how much is too much.

There's a helluva lot of new entrants into the workforce that might feel that an orchard farmer makes far too much money and holds too much wealth in the land base for their comfort... Maybe it's time that we nationalize all farms to even the equation, eh?

Simple: Those that aspire only to have, not to earn will decide. It is written in the red book.

rickturpin

Nov 7, 2013
That's a big problem when their money is not used to further the public interest.

They should be taxed more because they exploit loopholes and pay far less than most of us do.