Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Energy Resources

Ukraine looks to Poland for more gas

(0) |
|

inShare0​
Published: April 1, 2013 at 8:16 AM

KIEV, Ukraine, April 1 (UPI) -- Ukraine's natural gas shipper said that April marks the start of a break from Russia as more supplies start coming in from nearby Poland.
State natural gas shipper UkrTransGaz said that, as of Monday, it increased imports by pipeline from Poland by 150 percent to more than 170 million cubic feet per day.
Ukraine is trying to break Russia's dominance on its energy sector by using suppliers in Poland, Hungary, Slovakia and Romania.
"According to the diversification strategy, UkrTransGaz is working on arranging supplies from the four European countries that are connected with our gas transportation system," the company was quoted by the Platts news service as saying.
Most of the Russian natural gas bound for Europe runs through Ukraine's natural gas transit system. It's designed to deliver about 5 trillion cubic feet of natural gas to Europe each year.
By Platts' estimate, Russian natural gas imports into Ukraine will decline more than 630 billion cubic feet per year. Ukraine and Poland are among the Eastern European countries said to be rich in shale natural gas resources as well.

Read more: Ukraine considers Poland for natural gas source - UPI.com

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Ukraine looks to Poland for more gas

Why? Do the Pollacks have better gas producing beans than the Ukes?

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I was just thinking. Why doesn't Ontario Hydro tap into natural gas produced in homes. Sure I might look funny with a tube attached to my rear end after a bean ragu, but if it pays me enough... plus it would be environmentally friendly.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not coming for dinner at your house.8O

A passing gas poll? Sorry but that idea stinks.
Last night I did something rare - I ate out... at a local greasy spoon. Had hamburger steak smothered in industrial gravy, fried onions and canned mushrooms. I could've cooked breakfast for the whole town this morning.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Some societies cook their food on cow paddies, so why not... depending on what you ate.
In India they now collect cow poop, add to central digester and cook with methane instead of straight dried poop. The digested poop is a wicked soil conditioner and fertilizer that doesn't have too much urea.

We should conduct a poll.
Nobody got it.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
In India they now collect cow poop, add to central digester and cook with methane instead of straight dried poop. The digested poop is a wicked soil conditioner and fertilizer that doesn't have too much urea.

Nobody got it.

Yes, we did. It was beneath humour.

........................not with a 10 ft. pole.

or poll

Or Pole.

Polish jokes are just so "70's", as my grandaughter would say.

One the other hand, I've always wanted to play a uke.