QUESTION: Car Camping with Cannabis?

pannikin

Apr 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Hey all,

I am making the big drive from Phoenix, AZ to Anchorage, Alaska in early June and will be driving through your amazing territory. My traveling companion and I will be relying on a tent and a Honda CR-V to keep us sheltered, and we want to know how and where to camp in 420-friendly areas. I don't want to disturb family or government camp sites because you have to respect others :). I also don't want my stash raided or any of those negative repercussions. What is the camping situation for gents like us who don't want to spark up and disturb others? Can we pitch a tent pretty much anywhere and call it a night? Is that safe?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7955/routen.jpg

I really want to take my time through BC and soak up every enjoyable minute. Any must-see trails or sights along that route? Advice?

Thanks.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Don't try to cross borders with your stash. Buy it in the country you're going to
smoke it in. Clean up the car very well before crossing an international border.

Yeah.....that's about it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Welcome back to civilization Ron.

Thank You!! It's good to be home again for a little while. I leave again in
28&1/2 hours though. The weekends just go soooo fast....

I really want to take my time through BC and soak up every enjoyable minute. Any must-see trails or sights along that route? Advice?

Thanks.

This Thread has alleywayzalwayz 's name all over it. I think I'll pop him a PM
to look at this one.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Thank You!! It's good to be home again for a little while. I leave again in
28&1/2 hours though. The weekends just go soooo fast....
The things we do for money...

Make the best of it and go to Wascana, BBQ and run the dogs on the green grass. Don't forget your sunscreen.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Are you doing a return trip? If so I would suggest driving one way up the highway and come down the ferries and vancouver Island.
Buy whatever herbs you require in B.C. DOn't know how well cares are checked in Alaska but make sure it is clean before entering Washington state.
DOn't piss off the locals.

pannikin

Apr 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I would never cross any borders with my stash. The car will be thoroughly looked over before crossing into Alaska. I am moving there so its a 1-way trip

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I have to reiterate what Ron said and warn you not to attempt crossing the border with your stash! It's extremely easy to find high quality marijuana once you're here in Canada, and easily enough again once in Alaska.

As for pitching a tent, I wouldn't say your going to be safe anywhere. Provincial parks that don't allow camping are patrolled and some forested areas are actually private land.

If you really want to be secluded you could get right off the beaten path, down old logging or forest service roads and ditch into the woods a bit, set up camp. Make sure your not in a Provincial park or private land by checking maps and signage, that's all. It's pretty safe to say if you drive several km into the bush and camp you'll be okay, make yourself invisible though, and don't make a fire!

But if I were you I would make it easier on yourself and camp legally because you have lots of options and amenities. Other campers are not a problem because you can easily go for a walk to enjoy your smoke. Take a little walk down to the river a few minutes away, easy peasy. Even if you indulge inside your tent, I doubt you'll attract attention.

As for must stop attractions, a must in the city of Vancouver is Stanley Park. The other must see attractions as you move further north will be obvious as you come across them. Don't forget to look for signage telling you about attractions and view points.

Ask more questions because this thread is a breath of fresh air from all the politics and religion!

This Thread has alleywayzalwayz 's name all over it. I think I'll pop him a PM
to look at this one.

You know me too well. ;)

pannikin

Apr 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I am glad to have contributed a quality thread! Another Question: I would like to spend as much time as possible on dirt roads and back roads... what is the best route from Vancouver to Whitehorse? I am not sure if I have a detailed enough map. Here in Arizona a perfect weekend for me is finding some forest service roads, going slow, enjoying the scenery and smoking a discreet road blunt. I know driving impaired is a no-no, and this community would probably echo that statement, that's why I am looking for low-traffic dirt roads where it would be safer to do such things :3. I will have on hand the appropriate supplies (extra gas, first aid, shelter ect) and maps before I go anywhere too out of the way. I just love pretty dirt roads, and I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible. I have a 4WD Honda CR-V. Can you help a guy out?

pannikin

Apr 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
That is very true. The plan is to tear through the US as fast as possible so we can get to BC... so we have some time to tool around. I don't think we can make the trip staying on all remote roads, but a few detours would be nice.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Hey all,

I am making the big drive from Phoenix, AZ to Anchorage, Alaska in early June and will be driving through your amazing territory.

Can we pitch a tent pretty much anywhere and call it a night? Is that safe?

That is very true. The plan is to tear through the US as fast as possible so we can get to BC... so we have some time to tool around. I don't think we can make the trip staying on all remote roads, but a few detours would be nice.

I wonder if this turned out...

Did you make it pannikin?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
When I first looked at the title of this thread my eyes must have been out of focus cause I saw Car camping with cannibals.