I need to leave Calgary for my health... Kelowna?

needabreak

Apr 10, 2011
Hi there,

For years I've been suffering tremendously from "chinook headaches". Calgary is a great place to live between May and October, but the rest of the year makes me want to bash my head in from all the weather migraines. I average 2 or 3 a week. It's taking over my life and my joy. I can't take it anymore! I also can't tolerate the winters in Calgary anymore. Every year they get longer, colder, and more depressing....

Does Kelowna (and area) deal with this kind of weather/barometer headache stuff?

What are the winters like?

I know the summers are hot. That makes me smile :)

Any other comments about life in Kelowna would be appreciated! Thanks!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Until that happens you might try this. I prefer the ACV with enough baking soda to bring it up to ph 7.6 and then knowck it back with a water chaser.
If it is going to work it will in by 15 minutes
The longer, colder part is all global warming lol

Migraine Remedies

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Winter in the Okanagan isn't any fun either-dry, cold, grey skies for weeks on end and surprisingly smoky-I knew two people who left because winters there didn't agree with them.

Consider carefully.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
In the winter its cloudy and fairly mild but if you have sinus or anything like that
you will have it here in spades. Don't get too many headaches though.
Great medical care though some of the best in the country without a doubt.

Omicron

Privy Council
Jul 28, 2010
Vancouver
Hi there,

For years I've been suffering tremendously from "chinook headaches". Calgary is a great place to live between May and October, but the rest of the year makes me want to bash my head in from all the weather migraines. I average 2 or 3 a week. It's taking over my life and my joy. I can't take it anymore! I also can't tolerate the winters in Calgary anymore. Every year they get longer, colder, and more depressing....

Does Kelowna (and area) deal with this kind of weather/barometer headache stuff?

What are the winters like?

I know the summers are hot. That makes me smile :)

Any other comments about life in Kelowna would be appreciated! Thanks!

If you're from Calgary your favorite town in BC will be Nelson.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I suffered through the same headaches for much of my 10 years in Calgary. Not sure the Okanagan would be the best fit, as elevation is a big contributor, as far as talking to doctors told me. Elevated blood pressure and increased stress can also increase headache issues. I ended up in western Pennsylvania, but I know thats not the answer for everyone...