BCNDP Race

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I vote for Dana Larsen
Vote Dana

DEMOCRACY

a) Improve our referendum system: The people of our province deserve to have a direct vote on the issues of the day. I would like to improve our Ballot Initiative and Referendum system, so that British Columbians can enjoy a direct democracy and have a real voice.

As Premier, I would lower the threshold for a petition to trigger a referendum, from 10% of voters in every riding to 5% of BC's total voters. I would also double the time allowed to gather signatures from 3 months to 6 months.
— SUSTAINABILITY BC PRINCIPLES: Democracy and Due Process, Adaptive Management

b) Ban corporate and union donations: As premier, I would ban corporations and unions from making donations to political parties in British Columbia, and restrict personal donations to $2500 per year.
— SUSTAINABILITY BC PRINCIPLES: Democracy and Due Process, Social Equity

c) Grassroots driven party: As Leader of the BC NDP, I’d like to see more opportunities for our grassroots members to be involved other than through delegated conventions. I support using the Internet to enable NDP members and Constituency Associations to communicate and debate policy on an ongoing basis.
b) Maintain public assets: I believe that we need to maintain our public assets for the Common Good. BC Hydro, BC Rail, BC Ferries and our public schools all belong to the people of our province.

As Premier, I would stop and reverse the dismantling and selling off of these Provincial assets. These institutions should be protected and preserved for our children, not abused and discarded as the Liberals have done.
c) Fare-free Skytrain: As Premier, I would designate Skytrain as part of our provincial highway system, and eliminate fares. I would also study the possibility of making the entire BC Transit system fare-free.

* You can watch a video of Dana discussing the benefits of "fare-free Skytrain" with urban planner Dave Olsen.
(oh god)

a) Fair minimum wage: I strongly support my party’s call for a $10 minimum wage, and I believe this should be indexed to inflation.
Indexed to inflation!?! *Faints*

a) No more new prisons: I believe that British Columbians should not foot the bill for Harper's outrageous prison spending spree. Prison is not the solution for homelessness, drug addiction or mental health issues. Prison is no place for the mentally ill, and Harper's prison expansion will only make things worse.

BC should prioritize programs which help the vulnerable before they end up in jail. The way to reduce crime is to build families instead of prisons.
b) Tax and regulate marijuana: As Premier, I would implement BC NDP policy which calls for cannabis to be legally taxed and regulated. Cannabis is one of British Columbia’s biggest industries, valued at over $7 billion and employing 250,000 people. Legal cannabis would be a huge windfall and benefit for all British Columbians.
YES!

c) Evidence-based drug policy: The "war on drugs" is a failed policy that causes far more harm and public disorder than it prevents. As Premier, I would craft an evidence-based drug policy that focuses on health and public order, instead of just blindly punishing people with addiction and mental health issues.
Unionize sex-trade workers: As Premier, I would stop the enforcement of laws which prohibit sex trade workers from working together, hiring security or maintaining a safe workspace. I would also allow sex-trade workers to unionize and form co-operatives to protect their rights and safety.

This would be in keeping with recent court decisions. In 2010, the Ontario Supreme Court struck down these federal laws as unconstitutional because they put women's lives at risk.
YES! Amsterdamcouver!

I love Dana Larsen; but unfortunately, the NDP old guard (better termed old fart) will be voting in the Marxist-Queer Mike Farnworth. Can't wait for the baby boomers to die

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I vote for Dana Larsen
Vote Dana

(oh god)

Indexed to inflation!?! *Faints*

YES!

YES! Amsterdamcouver!

I love Dana Larsen; but unfortunately, the NDP old guard (better termed old fart) will be voting in the Marxist-Queer Mike Farnworth. Can't wait for the baby boomers to die
I'm a baby boomer old fart but I agree with you. We need new blood and new ideas. The old farts are relics from another time warp and need to get the hell out of the way of the younger, more energetic whipper snappers. Rally the young, get them out to vote the old farts out. Yah! The Gliberals are too corrupt to be allowed to continue to rape this province.

I hope your boy has the balls to stand up to the multinationals because they will try to crush him with threats of closing down the province economically. I also hope he is not blowing hot air up our asses like every other politician has for the past 50 years.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
I think the time is now; Obama won't stand up to Libya and I doubt he would raise a peep about British Columbia.

Facebook is a better representation of the youth vote; Dana Larsen has the most votes out of the four candinates at the moment.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
A load of crap,
I was reading an interview with Adrian Drix and he states:
Don't use drugs - Adrian Drix
in an interview... Go back to the states!

BCLocalNews.com - Forty-five minutes with Adrian Dix: the transcript
All the three candinates; I have checked their websites, all have the same issues and Mike Farnworth is the worst as he avoids actual issues and resorts to grandoise statements that amount to little.

Ughrghh...
Dana Larsen isn't even listed on the NDP Website
Leadership Candidates | BC NDP

Too many people in this province; not my generation, remember Glen Clark and Mark Farnworth looks like a Glen Clark in the making. I think, Alleywayalwayz, I will consider voting BC Conservative or BC Green but I will wait until the BC Conservatives outline their platform.

Compare Us to the Other Parties - Green Party of BC

A comparison chart for the Greens; myself, I think they should promote the fact that they are the only function party in this two-party dictatorship.

Change to BC Provincial Police Service; do not renew contract with unaccountable RCMP; regional policing under Provincial Police Service; strengthen police complaints; eliminate Tasers; independent civilian agency to investigate police misconduct

Oh... they should bring this one up more!

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I think, Alleywayalwayz, I will consider voting BC Conservative or BC Green but I will wait until the BC Conservatives outline their platform.

Well, I'm considering voting for them as well if they can advertise their platform a little better. I'm concerned that they have gotten zero media coverage and the fact that they might not even have a candidate in my riding!

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
British Columbia Conservative Party | Facebook

British Columbia Conservative Party | Facebook
Doesn't look if that is your fanbase, looks like their membership consists of people who remember the Conservative Party back in it's hayday.

I'm not particularly optimistic about any candinate and Mike Farnworth scares me, so unless a new contender appears out of nowhere than I am afraid I just won't vote (no no; according to the old people, it's "Youth Apathy" - nothing to do with shill politicians with no platform beyond baseless rhetoric and strawman arguments)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Why remember the Conservative Party of yesterday? ....or the Liberal Party of yesterday? They're gone. They'll never be back. Both of todays shadows are too mired in partisan bullshyte to ever be of use to a fair and impartial Government....

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Why remember the Conservative Party of yesterday? ....or the Liberal Party of yesterday? They're gone. They'll never be back. Both of todays shadows are too mired in partisan bullshyte to ever be of use to a fair and impartial Government....

The current Liberal party in B.C. was voted in in a panic effort to get rid of the NDP. They are made up of a ex Social Credit, ex
Conservatives, even a few Liberals. They are Liberal in name only.