OK area of Surrey to live in with kids?

j590

May 28, 2010
Looking to leave the Newton area of Surrey and find another area in Surrey that would be good to raise kids in. Too much ESL in the schools in Newton and my kids are constantly bored. The hookers are 2 blocks away and I am sick of it. Any comments on Birdland or Fleetwood in Surrey? Any other better areas in Surrey or surrounding area to move to?

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Looking to leave the Newton area of Surrey and find another area in Surrey that would be good to raise kids in. Too much ESL in the schools in Newton and my kids are constantly bored. The hookers are 2 blocks away and I am sick of it. Any comments on Birdland or Fleetwood in Surrey? Any other better areas in Surrey or surrounding area to move to?

It is a shame how the Newton area, and many other parts of surrey have deteriorated. We raised our four
daughters there back in the 60's and 70's, and it was a perfect area for families.

Other than south surrey, I can't think of any part of that area I would want to live now.

It is nice south of cloverdale, and south of the sullivan park area, as soon as you drive over #10 highway,
and continue driving south, it thins out into small acreages, and there are also some very nice
housing areas too, but, prices probably go up as well.
It is very nice around the morgan creek golf course area. And hazelmere is nice , but that is getting near the
border.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Regional is part of national.
Surrey is now a very large city and part of the third largest metropolis in Canada,
so it should have some national signifigance.

I think the Clayton Height's area is probably the best area for childrearing for the average family.South Surrey is to expensive for most families.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Regional is part of national.
Surrey is now a very large city and part of the third largest metropolis in Canada,
so it should have some national signifigance.

I think the Clayton Height's area is probably the best area for childrearing for the average family.South Surrey is to expensive for most families.

Yes, I forgot about clayton hill and surrounding area, and I don't think it has changed that much
over the years either. Lots of horses in that area, if families are into that.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Not many horses now.
Most of the farms are gone replaced by town house and single family homes.
A new fresh area well located and less expensive than some.

j590

May 28, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I was so busy out looking at different areas that I forgot to check back. We did end up buying in the Clayton Hills area of Cloverdale and will move in at the end of the month. From all my driving around and research I would agree with pgs above, the best place for the average family. South Surrey was much too expensive.