Web Cam : Vancouver Best city in Canada

B00Mer
This photo should update automatically...

www.numinous.ca/WebcamPage.htm (external - login to view)

Vancouver Web Cam

jimmoyer
We just received a whole bunch of packages of light beacons from Carmanah in Victoria British Columbia today.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

This photo should update automatically...

Vancouver Webcam (external - login to view)

Vancouver Web Cam

I think Grand Forks holds that distinction and Nakusp is in second place.

Cliffy
JLM,

Nakusp is a village of 1500. If it was a city I wouldn't be here. Cities are concentration camps to me. Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

JLM,

Nakusp is a village of 1500. If it was a city I wouldn't be here. Cities are concentration camps to me. Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better.

You got that right Cliff. G.F. has 4000 and another 4000 in the immediate area- that's enough people for me.

Toro
Great, thanks.

My favourite city in the world.

talloola
I love Vancouver, I grew up not far, in New Westminster, so spent many many
fun days in vancouver, mostly at the beach, or shopping, or just wandering around
stanley park, picnicing, and lounging around, or at the zoo, (glad that is gone).
It is very clean and interesting and beautiful, the scenery is great, travelled the
little ferry to n. vanc'r many times, went to capilano susp bridge, skiing on the
mountains, or just driving around to see the mansions in w. vancouver.
Lots of sporting events, the PNE,(all day in the horse barns as a kid, or outside
eating everywhere, went to the horse races, wandered all through the buildings.
I have great memories of Vancouver. If I had the 'moola', I would buy a nice
apartment, top of a high-rise and just visit now and then for a getaway.

JBeee
Prostitution and dirty needles come to mind each time I hear Vancouver mentioned.

Curiosity
Thanks for the pic Boomer and the reminder that Vancouver will always be my home town no matter where I hang my hat.

It's a dream site for avid photographers and people in love! To have grown up in this natural playground with a never ending supply of great adventures made a
wonderful childhood for me and my family.

The memories are still inspiring to know nature in her beauty.

Humans have left their marks but the landmark remains a wonder.

Twila
Quote:

Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better.

Hey now! We have just as many loonies in our bin at Mo and T...Sheesh!

Quote:

or at the zoo, (glad that is gone)

it's not gone, just moved to Abbotsford...the flamingoes are still dead though and have not been replaced.

Quote:

Prostitution and dirty needles come to mind each time I hear Vancouver mentioned.

ah, the scourge of any city. Although much of this is now moving to the suburbs...everywhere. I actually witnessed homeless people tents on the highway turnoff in Abbotsford! I don't know what kind of resourced are available in Abbotsford but their population of homeless has increased as has other suburban places...Strange.

Curiosity
So the natural beauty of Vancouver is now wrecked by humanity?

Wonderful - this makes it easy to criticize the city itself for what its residents have done to it.

I guess people can't appreciate caring for what nature provides... especially when their primary goal is staying high.

Tyr
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

You got that right Cliff. G.F. has 4000 and another 4000 in the immediate area- that's enough people for me.

Damm. I musta blink and missed 'em both

talloola
Anyone can imagine 'anywhere' to be a looney bin, if you can't see very far and don't
look beyond the worst areas, 'they' are in all cities.
I grew up, not far away, and still, when I go to vancouver, I marvel at the natural
beauty, and wonderful places to go and the variety of activities to choose, that fit
all seasons.

Tyr

JLM,

Vancouver consistently ranks in the top five worldwide, so obvious it's one of the worlds great cities. Personally I'd take Montral not too far behind Vancouver as it's Canada's most cosmopolitan city.

Toronto has it's areas (not many though)

The true ghetto's are Winnipeg and Edmonton

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by TyrView Post

Vancouver consistently ranks in the top five worldwide, so obvious it's one of the worlds great cities. Personally I'd take Montral not too far behind Vancouver as it's Canada's most cosmopolitan city.

Toronto has it's areas (not many though)

The true ghetto's are Winnipeg and Edmonton

Someday I am going to go to montreal and stay there for a couple of months,
it seems to be a marvelous city.

Tyr
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

One place not to miss is Notre-Dame Basilica (1829)

JLM

I spent a week in Montreal in 1967- there did seem to be something about it alright, two things I remember vividly, pedestrians have no rights and aren't safe even on the side walk and taxis take the corners on two wheels. If you hesitate for half a second when the light turns green you'll hear 14 horns behind you.

talloola

I spent a week in Montreal in 1967- there did seem to be something about it alright, two things I remember vividly, pedestrians have no rights and aren't safe even on the side walk and taxis take the corners on two wheels. If you hesitate for half a second when the light turns green you'll hear 14 horns behind you.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Maybe I 'll only stay one month
You've sure lived in lots of different places.

JLM

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Maybe I 'll only stay one month
You've sure lived in lots of different places.

Just went down there for Expo '67. I was young and crazy.

talloola

Just went down there for Expo '67. I was young and crazy.

All I remember of expo 67 is Bruce Jenner, then he slowly became very forgettable.

L Gilbert
Vancouver is best city for what? Camshots?

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Vancouver is best city for what? Camshots?

Cam shots, bars, night life, the Cultural diversity and different foods, weather.. you name it. It's also my new home.

YouTube - Vancouver - Officially the best city in the World

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Cam shots, bars, night life, the Cultural diversity and different foods, weather.. you name it. It's also my new home.

YouTube - Vancouver - Officially the best city in the World

I can name it? Idiot drivers, gang shootings, insane housing costs, .... It's ok as far as cities go I guess. Not a good place to drive around when it snows, though. It rains a bit too much for us, too.
A close city I like is Nelson. People still are crazy drivers there but serious crime is pretty low, the people generally know how to drive in snow, housing is affordable, climate is pretty good. Creston is pretty nice, too. Pretty much a match for Nelson.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I can name it? Idiot drivers, gang shootings, insane housing costs, .... It's ok as far as cities go I guess. Not a good place to drive around when it snows, though. It rains a bit too much for us, too.
A close city I like is Nelson. People still are crazy drivers there but serious crime is pretty low, the people generally know how to drive in snow, housing is affordable, climate is pretty good. Creston is pretty nice, too. Pretty much a match for Nelson.

Takes a much better drive to know how to drive in 'wet' snow than 'dry'. Dry
snow isn't much different than driving on a smooth gravel road.
I've heard the same story from albertans, show me how you drive in wet
snow, before you make fun, totally different conditions.
We've had our few times around here when the snow is dry, 'piece of cake'.

Kakato

JLM,

did you ever meet a Garry Trotz from there?
He was in a big shootout with the cops near nakusp quite a few years back when they found his wife dead of a heart attack and thought it was him that did the deed.

Kakato

Snow and ice is the slipperiest when its around zero degrees,at -50 you have a hard time spinning your tires in a 4x4.

AnnaG

Believe me, we know. We get all types of snow here from -30 to slush. We do things like extend the distance we are behind others, drive slower, use the gears more as opposed to brakes, etc. So we will still make fun of the demo derby drivers, especially the ones in a hurry.