Web Cam : Vancouver Best city in Canada

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
This photo should update automatically...

http://www.numinous.ca/WebcamPage.htm

Vancouver Web Cam

Reactions: Kreskin

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
JLM,

Nakusp is a village of 1500. If it was a city I wouldn't be here. Cities are concentration camps to me. Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better. :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
JLM,

Nakusp is a village of 1500. If it was a city I wouldn't be here. Cities are concentration camps to me. Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better. :)

You got that right Cliff. G.F. has 4000 and another 4000 in the immediate area- that's enough people for me.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I love Vancouver, I grew up not far, in New Westminster, so spent many many
fun days in vancouver, mostly at the beach, or shopping, or just wandering around
stanley park, picnicing, and lounging around, or at the zoo, (glad that is gone).
It is very clean and interesting and beautiful, the scenery is great, travelled the
little ferry to n. vanc'r many times, went to capilano susp bridge, skiing on the
mountains, or just driving around to see the mansions in w. vancouver.
Lots of sporting events, the PNE,(all day in the horse barns as a kid, or outside
eating everywhere, went to the horse races, wandered all through the buildings.
I have great memories of Vancouver. If I had the 'moola', I would buy a nice
apartment, top of a high-rise and just visit now and then for a getaway.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Prostitution and dirty needles come to mind each time I hear Vancouver mentioned.:-|

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Thanks for the pic Boomer and the reminder that Vancouver will always be my home town no matter where I hang my hat.

It's a dream site for avid photographers and people in love! To have grown up in this natural playground with a never ending supply of great adventures made a
wonderful childhood for me and my family.

The memories are still inspiring to know nature in her beauty.

Humans have left their marks but the landmark remains a wonder.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Montreal and Toronto are loonie bins and Vancouver is not much better.

Hey now! We have just as many loonies in our bin at Mo and T...Sheesh!

or at the zoo, (glad that is gone)

it's not gone, just moved to Abbotsford...the flamingoes are still dead though and have not been replaced.

Prostitution and dirty needles come to mind each time I hear Vancouver mentioned.

ah, the scourge of any city. Although much of this is now moving to the suburbs...everywhere. I actually witnessed homeless people tents on the highway turnoff in Abbotsford! I don't know what kind of resourced are available in Abbotsford but their population of homeless has increased as has other suburban places...Strange.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
So the natural beauty of Vancouver is now wrecked by humanity?

Wonderful - this makes it easy to criticize the city itself for what its residents have done to it.

I guess people can't appreciate caring for what nature provides... especially when their primary goal is staying high.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Anyone can imagine 'anywhere' to be a looney bin, if you can't see very far and don't
look beyond the worst areas, 'they' are in all cities.
I grew up, not far away, and still, when I go to vancouver, I marvel at the natural
beauty, and wonderful places to go and the variety of activities to choose, that fit
all seasons.

Tyr

Council Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sitting at my laptop
JLM,

Vancouver consistently ranks in the top five worldwide, so obvious it's one of the worlds great cities. Personally I'd take Montral not too far behind Vancouver as it's Canada's most cosmopolitan city.

Toronto has it's areas (not many though)

The true ghetto's are Winnipeg and Edmonton

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Vancouver consistently ranks in the top five worldwide, so obvious it's one of the worlds great cities. Personally I'd take Montral not too far behind Vancouver as it's Canada's most cosmopolitan city.

Toronto has it's areas (not many though)

The true ghetto's are Winnipeg and Edmonton

Someday I am going to go to montreal and stay there for a couple of months,
it seems to be a marvelous city.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Someday I am going to go to montreal and stay there for a couple of months,
it seems to be a marvelous city.

I spent a week in Montreal in 1967- there did seem to be something about it alright, two things I remember vividly, pedestrians have no rights and aren't safe even on the side walk and taxis take the corners on two wheels. If you hesitate for half a second when the light turns green you'll hear 14 horns behind you.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I spent a week in Montreal in 1967- there did seem to be something about it alright, two things I remember vividly, pedestrians have no rights and aren't safe even on the side walk and taxis take the corners on two wheels. If you hesitate for half a second when the light turns green you'll hear 14 horns behind you.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Maybe I 'll only stay one month;-)
You've sure lived in lots of different places.