Vancouver area and BAD DRIVERS

Inman

Apr 13, 2008
I have lived in most major cities in canada due to work and currently residing in Vancouver. The last time I lived here was in the late 80's and the city was quiet, less people, cars, immigrants and so on:roll:. Since I moved here I have noticed there are alot of angry drivers just like you see in Toronto. The worst things they do is continuously HONK their horn.....I mean why can't they just honk twice:angryfire:. Then there are cell phone drivers and thats an other story. I can go on and on but if you are one of those ignorant bad drivers...GET A LIFE and RELAX and lets be Canadians just like Calgarians a city where is almost perfect and a true Canadian city. I am originally from Saskatoon but I don't call that a city;-).

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I grew up in New Westminster, and have been a driver for over 50 years. I am a good driver. I love driving, I appreciate the priviledge of being able to drive, and I feel sad
and sorry for all the stressed out, impatient, inconsiderate drivers out there, and there
are many of them. What has happened to people behind the wheel, and just 'who do they
think they are', driving onto our public roads and riding our bumpers, flicking their lights,
honking, hollering, speeding, and just downright making our lives miserable, just because
they are driving, and really 'not worthy' of having a licence.

I am not a slow driver, but I am a patient one, when I see others who slow me down, or
just take too long to make decisions, and drive with 'fear' of what will happen, I always
make a point of looking at the driver, and it is usually someone 'elderly', and yes, quite a
few women are too cautious, BUT it is their road too, and I don't want to force them to drive in a way that would be dangerous for them, and put them out of their comfort zone.
It doesn't bother me to wait for others who need more time to do 'what they have to do' on the road, it's OK, I will probably be at least one minute later than I wanted, so what.
I've had many aggressive, fast drivers take 'big' chances to get ahead of everyone, and watch them disappear off in the distance, only to drive up beside them at the next light,
HELLO!!!!!, (DUMBHEAD).;-)

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
ive moved to vancouver also recently and i rented a car to drive all over the place (took a plane here didnt drive my old car), i must have been cut off 10 times the day... and i wasnt the only one to mention something my boss warned me of the bad drivers here also lol... but its all good

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Just drive like you're the only person out there with brains. It's amazing the number of times you'll be right - and that's anywhere that cars have rubber tires.

dj03

Electoral Member
Oct 9, 2007
Calgary
Calgary???

I don't know, we went to Spokane a couple of weeks ago and when we got back I was amazed at how bad the drivers were...I quickly blended back in.

BigLou

Electoral Member
Aug 13, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Vancouver has some really bad drivers, yeah. Not to be racist or anything, but after years of going down Kingstreet, I've noticed most of the bad drivers tend to be Asian, which is a problem seing as we have a very large Asian population here. It's not the bad drivers that make the streets horrible to ride on, it's all the traffic thanks to construction. Especially near city hall, there's construction going on for that subway tunnel they are making which connects directly to YVR. Can't wait 'til the Olympics are over and we'll be done with construction.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I recently saw an "Asian" driver, when he missed a turn off of a main highway, stop on the road, reverse on the road, and make the turn. All this in traffic. No one shot him. Canada, you know.

Today a lady stopped in front of me at a red light, signaling right. Waited till the light turned green, then made her turn. In Ont. one can turn right on a red. She had Ont. plates, so I just assumed she was retarded, and didn't honk. Pretty nice of me, eh?

The other day, another lady, once again in front of me, (do I get them all??), approached an intersection, signaled right, and turned left. I don't tailgate, so had lots of time to stop, wipe my forehead, and continue on. Didn't honk here either. Another retard. Probably.

I know, I"m just a racist, sexist, pig.

Sorry.

:dontknow:

BigLou

Electoral Member
Aug 13, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I recently saw an "Asian" driver, when he missed a turn off of a main highway, stop on the road, reverse on the road, and make the turn. All this in traffic. No one shot him. Canada, you know.

Today a lady stopped in front of me at a red light, signaling right. Waited till the light turned green, then made her turn. In Ont. one can turn right on a red. She had Ont. plates, so I just assumed she was retarded, and didn't honk. Pretty nice of me, eh?

The other day, another lady, once again in front of me, (do I get them all??), approached an intersection, signaled right, and turned left. I don't tailgate, so had lots of time to stop, wipe my forehead, and continue on. Didn't honk here either. Another retard. Probably.

I know, I"m just a racist, sexist, pig.

Sorry.

:dontknow:
It's not really racism and sexism, it's just an observation. If you were saying that all Asian drivers are like that one particular driver, or if all women were like those 2 drivers, then that would be biased.